Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wording of a 14-day notice letter??

Options
  • 06-10-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could help me with the wording of a letter.

I have to write a 14 DAY NOTICE to our tenant for them to pay their rent and remove all personal belongings from the house. Could someone help me with the wording??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Do you mean a notice of termination?

The PRTB have a sample notice of termination on this page

Have a read of the Termination of Tenancy document on this page to make sure you're within your rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

[Date]

Dear [Tenants First & Last Names],

In accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, I am serving you notice to fulfil your obligations as tenant(s) and pay your rent within 14 days of this letter (ie [Date 14 days from letter delivery day]). If you do not pay within the 14 days I will be forced to initiate eviction proceedings.

Regards,

[Your Name]

---

You can't tell them to remove their stuff yet. You have to give them notice of termination after the 14 days notice to pay their rent is up. This notice period, I think, varies with the length of their tenancy. You should contact Threshold to make sure that you are doing everything by the letter of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upaho

These links to the PRTB site are dead. I haven't been able to find samples on their site. They also seem to be too busy to reply to my queries.

The sample noticein the second post is invalid. To be valid the notice must state the amount of rent outstanding at the date of notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

I've bolded the bits you meed to amend/delete.

Tenants (You MUST address it to all Tenants named on the lease)
    Address
    Date
    WARNING NOTICE - Contravention of Tenancy Agreement

Re: Late Rent Payment

Dear Tenants (you must name ALL Tenants as per the lease),

This correspondence serves as a written Notification of Warning, as per the Private Residential Tenancy Board (PRTB) guidelines.

As per the terms of your Lease Agreement, your rent of €xxx is due on the x date of every month and your August contribution has not yet been paid.

You are in contravention of your Lease Agreement. Please pay your August due rent of €xxx immediately.

Bank account details as follows:
    Bank:
    Account number:
    Sort Code:
    Account name:

The Landlord will be forced to serve you Notice to Quit if you do not clear your rent arrears in full in the next 14 days and if your conduct remains in breach of any and all clauses of your Tenancy Agreement. Upon serving of said Notice to Quit you must vacate the property with 28 (twenty eight) days.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement