Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural broadband solutions (west waterford)

• 06-10-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi All

I live rurally in west waterford (Old Parish next to Ring) and have a broadband issue with Ripple Communications. I've been with them since they were amocom 4 years and honestly have had pretty good service considering where I live. However, in the last month my connection has failed 3 times and has been down for a week in total. I've found it very difficult to get through to them on their phone lines!! They still send on the bills though, they have no problem communicating those lol.

Anyway its come to the point where I am considering other options not that I have many, well that I am aware of.

Do any of you know of a different broadband provider in rural west waterford. Fixed line is a no go as our exchange hasn't and probably will never be upgraded.

The only thing I could find is Digi web satellite but its costs a fortune to install. I would only consider this if I new the connection was good.

Are there any other wireless providers in this area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

digiwebs basic sat package is 34.99 p/m and comes with a miniscule 2.4gb traffic allowance. that is nowhere near enough for the majority of users. i dont see any mention of charges for crossing this limit, they may suspend the service once the limit is reached?? or charge per gb over. also the latency is incredible so anything which is lag sensitive like VOIP or gaming will not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

sean72 wrote: »
    Hi All

I live rurally in west waterford (Old Parish next to Ring) and have a broadband issue with Ripple Communications. I've been with them since they were amocom 4 years and honestly have had pretty good service considering where I live. However, in the last month my connection has failed 3 times and has been down for a week in total. I've found it very difficult to get through to them on their phone lines!! They still send on the bills though, they have no problem communicating those lol.

Anyway its come to the point where I am considering other options not that I have many, well that I am aware of.

Do any of you know of a different broadband provider in rural west waterford. Fixed line is a no go as our exchange hasn't and probably will never be upgraded.

The only thing I could find is Digi web satellite but its costs a fortune to install. I would only consider this if I new the connection was good.

Are there any other wireless providers in this area

Pay a proportion of the bill, to reflect the time you had no service. And with smaller companies, for better or worse the customer who shouts loudest will be dealt with first, just to shut them up!:o So keep persisting with the phone and see where that gets you. Hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

I thought this crowd were in your area - but the coverage map does not seem to be showing anything useful:

http://www.oceantelecom.ie/coveragearea.html

You could give them a call....

Malcolm

Advertisement