Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retirement

Options
  • 06-10-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a cousin who has a mild/moderate intellectual disablity. She has been fortunate enough that she has been working for the last number of years in an office environment, however she is nearing the age of retirement.

What I'm trying to find out is what (if any) services are available to her when she does retire?
    I guess I'm trying to establish are there any organisations that can support a person when they finish up working in regards to social and emotional help?

I fear that she will become isolated as a result of this impending retirement as she has got so used to working and having a routine every other day, and I know she will be reluctant to join any work shops that are available (one evening a week).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement