Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost P45

• 06-10-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all:

I was let go from my last job nearly 2 years ago at this stage and of course i have lost my p45. How do i go about getting a re-print.

Thanks All
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You don't really need your P45 unless you're starting a new job in the same year that you lost your last job. You can ask Revenue for a tax statement for that year, which will show how much you earned and tax you paid in that year.

If you're starting a new job and you haven't worked yet this year, then tell your new employer that and have revenue send them a certificate of tax credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

Download, print and fill out form 12A from the revenue site and sent it back to them. You will need your new employers PAYE registered number. Last I heard it took about 6-8 weeks to be processed and you'll be on week1 and then emergency tax until it comes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Dolongit,
    If you are starting a new job just ring the tax office and ask them to move your tax credits to your new company (you will need their vat number) They will send out a statement to yourself and your employer, will take a week or two. As a previous poster said they will put you on week 1 until the employer receives your statement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Ring your local tax office.

Advertisement