Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rapidshare and others

• 06-10-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

does anyone know the most economical way for quick downloading,ie r/s links, fileserve links ,megaupload or hotfile.(new system for r/s links}

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

JDownloader, Flashget 1.6, Free Download Manager are some popular free ones, JDownloaders possibly the easiest to configure and it automatically unzips the stuff after

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭horse7

thanks,but i dont mean a download manager,i mean the download sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

horse7 wrote: »
    thanks,but i dont mean a download manager,i mean the download sites.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Does OP mean sites that have links to downloadable content, most of it not exactly legal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does OP mean sites that have links to downloadable content, most of it not exactly legal?
    Never said either way as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never said either way as far as I can see.

I'd have read it as looking for the "easiest" sites to get these links/download from myself. :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i thought OP was refering to which site gives you the most for your money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

horse7 wrote: »
    does anyone know the most economical way for quick downloading,ie r/s links, fileserve links ,megaupload or hotfile.(new system for r/s links}

I bought a months sub to Megaupload about a year ago that I never renewed.
    I still get full whack speeds using their download manager (mega-manager).

ok,i,ll rephrase it,of the 4 i know,rapidshare,megaupload , hotfile and fileserve,which gives you the most for the least money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I found rapidshare is a pain in the hole tbh - switched to Hotfile there - €40 for the year with unlimited downloads so I split it with a mate.

for €20 a year all the downloading you want and there's no shortage of HF links online I've found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Does anyone here use Fileserve? I'm using rapidshare at the moment but don't really like it and I can see Fileserve is just as big (may be bigger) than rapidshare. Do you get the full internet speed with Fileserve as you did with Rapidshare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I was using RS but recently moved to HF. Much better in my opinion. Have no experience with the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Slunk, do you use warez to get all your hotfile links or any other forums you can get them from as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd go with Hotfile too although I also have a Rapidshare subscription. I haven't found it necessary to buy accounts with any other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Muzi5434 wrote: »
    Slunk, do you use warez to get all your hotfile links or any other forums you can get them from as well?
    You can find your links wherever you like, but we won't have recommendation or links to sites promoting illegal downloading here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Mainly two sites for everything.Dont know if its ok the link as some of the content is questionable

Edit: See above :P

thanks for all the info,lets lock it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am guessing hotfile is the new best thing since RS have decided to act the ass? So with that in mind, I just need to know does HF work with IDM?

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

gimmick wrote: »
    I am guessing hotfile is the new best thing since RS have decided to act the ass? So with that in mind, I just need to know does HF work with IDM?

Ta
    It works fine with JDownloader which is open source anyway, not sure about IDM.

Advertisement