Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrating what to do about Bank Loan

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys

In a few months i'm immigrating to Australia for good . My wife and I have a joint bank loan with Bank Of Ireland .

I'm not sure what i need to do . My wife is covered by the payment protection becasue she earned the most . She is now leaving her job in a few weeks .

Not sure what i need to do about the bank loan still has 6 years left on it and not waiting here to finish pay that off . Does the payment protection even cover us now that we're leaving the country .

Any help at all would be great .

Please don't say run and don't pay back becasue we don't want to do that .

Regards

Al

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Read the particulars of the payment protection insurance to see if you're only covered if you are laid off.
    I doubt they will cover you if you give up work voluntarily.

I have a few friends who have recently emigrated & have asked their lender to offer them a closing figure.
    GE Capital knocked off about 30% to clear one loan.

You have to have the funds to make this one off payment however.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i doubt payment protection would cover you leaving the country unless involuntary unemployment only.

Pay off the loan or arrange to lodge funds into an account to cover monthly repayments.

Advertisement