Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope's Scientist Happy to Baptize an Intelligent Extraterrestrial

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:25pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry now but he must be mad!!! Any intelligent species capable of making a journey to the Earth will not, I am sure, be a believer of a supernatural deity. Likewise if we ever manage to reach a planet with intelligent life on it, I would hope we would not bring our childish superstitions and fears with us.

http://news.discovery.com/space/popes-scientist-would-be-happy-to-baptise-an-intelligent-extraterrestrial.html#mkcpgn=rssnws1

Sorry Beeker just needed to get his religious frustrations off his chest........

Feeling much better now...... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why wouldn't a space faring race have religious people?

do you think that as soon as they leave their solar system they get hit by interstellar atheism rays?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

why wouldn't a space faring race have religious people?

do you think that as soon as they leave their solar system they get hit by interstellar atheism rays?
    The answer of course is I don't know. I do believe that as a species evolves and learns more about the universe and science, that the number of members of that species, believing in a supernatural deity will decrease. The belief may never go away, but it will become more marginal. I think these kinds of beliefs are something we, and indeed all intelligent species will grow out off. As we grow up we no longer fear the dark!

Advertisement