If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed by customer service [Resolved]

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I didn't really want to post this, but due to no response from PMs I sent to both John and Dave, I decided to share my experience.

I had an issue with a system I bought a few months ago (this one). I finally got round to setting it up on Sunday afternoon and there was a bad hum from the Sub-woofer.
    I PM'd Dave on Sunday and got no reply on Monday, so I PM'd Ashley to ask if Dave was around (there had been no posts from him in a few days) or if I should contact someone else about the issue. Ashley promptly replied and suggested that I contact Dave.
    I PM'd Dave on Monday and I still have not even got an acknowledgement of the PM.

Now I know the guys are probably busy, but after almost 3 days someone could have at least acknowledged my PM, considering general sales question are being answered here on boards since I sent the PM.

I'm very disappointed as this is the first time I have bought from RicherSounds as I believed there was a good customer service reputation. On top of this, it was a system for £559.95 so I believe it's a substantial amount of money to pay for something to have it to acting up.

Anyhow - it seems after more reading up and investigation that it was my RCA cable that was the issue thankfully, so I have now resolved it, but I felt I should share my experience, as I was so disappointed with the lack of response, and it will also give the RS guys a chance to respond.

For completeness - here's the PM I sent :
    Hi Dave,

I had sent this note to John yesterday, but according to Ash he's quite busy and he suggested that I forward it to you.

Here's the original message I sent John :

A few months ago I bought the following system off you as one of your boards.ie deals:

- Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 BRW10 Pack
    - Pioneer VSX819 AV Receiver

I have just got round to setting them up as we have a new house and I didn't want to unpack them till the room was ready.(The room is not ready yet, but I figureded I'd set it up this weekend anyhow as I was dying to try them out and I couldn't wait any more)

The issue I have is with the Sub-Woofer. There is a very audible hum out of it all the time even with low volume and I can barely hear any beat out of it.

Note - if I mute the receiver there is no noise whatsoever out of it.

I have connected the Pioneer "Subwoofer Pre-Out" to "R Line Input" on the monitor sub using RCA Plugs.
    According to the manuals this is correct connection.

Can you please help ??

BTW : Apart from this the 5 speakers all sound fine. I tested it with MP3's on a USB and using the built in tuner and both have the loud hum from the Sub....

BTW - here's the system / deal I was talking about : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055922660

Cheers.

So, like I said, I have resolved the issue myself, but after debating with myself whether or not to post here, I decided I would, as both good and bad customer experiences should be shared here on Boards.ie, and as I said, it will give the RS guys a chance to respond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I work normal working hours so I cannot call during those hours to start going through a problem. Also I would need to be at home with the equipment at hand, hence a message is much more convenient for me.

Also - I did most of the transaction apart from the credit card stuff over boards.ie.

Are saying it's my fault for not phoning them ?

Also - I posted this as my experience and wanted to give RS a chance to respond. I do not intend this to be a discussion thread between all and sundry who want to give their 2c on the matter.

Just an update - Dave has PM'd me and apologised, and dealt with this is a very professional manner.

A prefect example of how a complaint can be handled in a good way.

Just said I'd update as I wanted to share both a bad, and now a good experience with richersounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi all.

Just to explain a little.

I had missed Deadlocks PM after reading it, it got interrupted and forgot to reply.

I then missed it as it had been read.....rookie mistake I know.

I have just taken over from Kenny and John and I'm solely responsible for boards, mail order, emails etc etc, and I'm still finding my feet.

If, for some reason, I don't reply promptly to a PM, forgive me, for a week or two anyway. After that, there's no excuse ! :)

Thanks from Deadlock for being very understanding and I hope you now enjoy the system that you spent a lot of hard-earned cash on.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Glad it was resolved.

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

<Snip>

Glad you got your issue sorted out though.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Please see the Charter, this thread was aimed at getting a response from RS, not an opportunity to give your opinion on how the OP dealt with the issue or conducted their contact with RS. Your good wishes on the resolution of the issue are welcome, but please leave it to RS to deal withe and answer these queries, as has been done by Dave in this instance.

Posts have been snipped accordingly and this thread is now closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.