Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Figs? Where to get them in Dublin.

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some figs in Dublin.
    ...(At a reasonable price).:rolleyes:

M&S have them two for €1.50.

Also are they seasonal, or can I get them all year round?

If you haven't sampled a nice fresh fig, I strongly recommend you check thenm out...even @ 2 for €1.50 :p

Thanks Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Hi oldscoil, I have been buying them in the 4packs in M&S with 2 packs for €4...working out at 50c a fig which I think is ok over here. Last bought a couple of packs in the Mary St store on Monday so unless the offer has ended this week they should still be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Yep seasonal. Bought some in SuperValu last week and they were perfect :pac: 4 in a pack for 2euro (from Turkey). Also bought them from Lidl and Tesco at odd times. Also grow one in a large pot in a polytunnel and had lots of fruit off it this year but not enough light or heat for them to ripen this late in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Superquinn have them at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Thanks Folks,

I actually got some off the stalls in front of the coffee shop (used to be Gloria Jeans) on the corner of Coppinger Row and Clarendon street.

They were French and petit....but damn tasty!!!!!!! :D

Real nice guy & gal that run it too! :)

Thanks again Folks.

Advertisement