Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11 manual players

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭

Setting up this thread for any manual control players interested in a few games. Been using the manual settings for the last 4 or 5 months and after been dog rough at it for a while, I finally got into the groove and IMO theres no going back to assisted once ya get used to it.

Couple on boards already play on full manual settings, so anyone else looking for a few competitive games throw your PSN down below. Might get another league/tournament started if theres enough of numbers. Cheers

PSN: Haunis87 Boards: Fowler87
    PSN: Gillysome Boards: Gillysome
    PSN: Sportsgreatest Boards: Sportsgreatest (think he still has to get game yet though)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea would love to see a Manual League started.

I play fully manual and love it, but not sure how good I am really.

Anyway PSN: Adam-88-S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

As you've already mentioned, I would definitely be up for this, but I haven't got my hands on the game yet.

I'll probably get it for Christmas, so anytime after that, you can count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone want to give any tips on where to begin using manual and what the main differences are?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Few things ya can do...

1. If youve been playing with assisted or default settings constantly, try stepping down to semi-assisted and once ya get used to that, then ya can gradually ween yourself into full manual. Id have auto change set to zero though even at semi settings.

2. Go straight into manual playing the CPU on lower difficulty, ie Semi-pro/pro and ya should get used to it in no time. When ya get more comfortable, step up to WC using stronger teams against weaker teams until yer more confident in beating similar rated teams.

3. Practice in the arena; it can be a bit dull but ya can play with a blank 11 against 1,2,3 etc so ya can experiment yourself.

Stick with it though, can be frustrating at times, but its very rewarding in the long run and the biggest advantage is that you're in total control of everything

Gonna bump this thread again for anyone interested in a few manual games... weve a few already but would be great to get a few more involved.

And if anyone cares about building up their ranking, ya get alot more points winning on manual settings;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Played my first few games on manual today (something I'd been meaning to do since '09!), thorougly enjoyed it, even if things didn't always work out as planned! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

I play manual but use semi for player switching, is that a problem?

Just played my first online game of this earlier, completely different to playing the AI offline, sign me up for receiving some thrashings. PSN: Uroboric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 villanut

Hi Guys Im a manual player and me and a few other manual players are setting up a 2v2 manual league,would any of you be interested?

If so add you and your teammates psn pls, also we intend to set up a clubs league eventually so maybe you can get together and form a club?

At the moment we have about 3 or 4 manual clubs so more would be welcome,also feel free to add me for some manual games.

Psn Villanut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

I just got Fifa 11 today, and I've never played manually before, but I'd definitely be up for this.

PSN: Just-Contribute

• Advertisement

Yea I'd probably be up for a manual 2v2 league, and have a friend that I can play with.

Or if we think we have enough Boardsie manual players we could always set up a league like the other ones on boards, expect manual of course. Not the biggest fan of playing against people using assisted controls any more.

On a different note, I've nearly worked myself to the top of the PS3 Irish Manual Leader-boards! :D

The top fella's a cheater, seemingly using duplicate accounts, most of his games are against the same two or three guys who all have massive DNF's; 3-0's all over the shop. Does that mean you can consider yourself top then?

No, is the answer! :pac:

Töpher wrote: »
    The top fella's a cheater, seemingly using duplicate accounts, most of his games are against the same two or three guys who all have massive DNF's; 3-0's all over the shop. Does that mean you can consider yourself top then?

No, is the answer! :pac:

Yea he has a ridiculously low average opponent and he has been on 22 games, 22 wins for ages! Hasn't changed, so he obviously hasn't been playing at all! I'll be top soon hopefully, if Black Ops doesn't distract me too much :D

http://omfl.leaguerepublic.com/

Thats the link to our page for the 2v2 league guys have a look and see what you think.

Rules code of conduct etc will be added soon,if your interested register with the site.

Villanut

Id be interested in taking part in this 2v2 tournament too.. Gillysome on boards Id say would give it ago too... let us know when a new tournament starts up.. btw do ya use your vp in it or control just one player from each team with the rest cpu:confused: Never played 2v2 before...

Use the link in my previous post to have a look at the site and all the rules,both players in each team play as ANY so you switch players like in 1v1.

We are now starting a 1v1 manual league as well so anyone who is interested can msg me through psn Villanut or post on here or both!

villanut wrote: »
    We are now starting a 1v1 manual league as well so anyone who is interested can msg me through psn Villanut or post on here or both!

I'd be up for that. PSN: Just-Contribute

Never played manual before though.

I'd be up for that. PSN: Just-Contribute

Never played manual before though.

Thanks for the interest mate but everyone in the league has played with manual controls a long time it would be really tough for you.

Try playing a few friendlies etc and maybe join next season if you have stuck with it.

Out of interest, will ya be setting this up as a boards manual league?? Il take part in it anyhow cos its near nigh impossible to find a manual 1v1 at times... PSN as above is Haunis87. Would be mighty if the rest of the lads on boards who play fifa on manual could take part... saying that priority is stay in the boards Prem league first on foremost:pac::pac: Il add ya on PSN though mate for a few games... Been playing manual a good while now but as ya know, ya can never perfect it! Thats the great thing about it I suppose, ya can always get better... or worse:pac:

• Advertisement

I'll be up for joining, PSN Uroboric, only playing manual about 5 weeks, but love it and I'm probably not really any worse than I was with assisted! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Id be interested in joining the manual league. Been playing manual for about 2 months now. Play with haunis 87 a fair bit and im starting to give as good as im getting. PSN is Gillysome. Wouldnt mind giving the 2v2 a go either if i can get haunis in on it with me

Thanks for the interest mate but everyone in the league has played with manual controls a long time it would be really tough for you.

Try playing a few friendlies etc and maybe join next season if you have stuck with it.

I'll manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I'm up for playing a manual league. Sounds like a good idea. Manual is a million times better then assisted. Love to get a proper league going

Psn is Gillly09

Reckoned there's no point starting a new thread on this seeing as interest will be minimal, but for anyone still playing manual games, try some games on the 'slow' speed setting - the difference is immense. Much more fluid and enjoyable matches. And personally speaking, I play better ball in them. Well, grind out better results anyways! :pac:

Found a good if not a bit long winded:pac: manual fifa thread from the ea site.. some vg points, hopefully implemented into 12...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/49930.page

Was wondering though, did EA change the point ranking system for assisted players v manual players on H2H online?

For example, few months ago, Id beat assisted players and gain a load points. However, Id still gain or lose very little ranking points after losing to assisted players. The points were equally proportioned when up against manual players though, as they should be.

But lately, even if I beat assisted players h2h (not many wins of late!), I seem to get very little points but good bit taking away if I lose. All these games are typical similar rated h2h opponents too...

pure ramble:pac:, but was wondering anyone else experience the same?? cheers

I never got loads of points for beating assisted players. Ever. I just assumed you were lying when you'd mentioned it before! :D

Just a heads up lads, the folks over at www.tamfa.com are gearing up for a new manual season. They're not running a full season now for some reason, but a Champions League style group/knockout cup for the moment.

The website's a bit flaky, but it's an excuse to get some good manual games in, and there's some decent players there. I played the last season there, which was interrupted somewhat by the PSN downtime, but it was good craic. Might be worth looking into for anyone sick of struggling to find manual games online, or games against lads using the computer who think they're the shít.

• Advertisement
Advertisement