Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbows caught on Corrib

Options
  • 06-10-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

03102010392.jpg

caught these two rainbows last week.........

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Nice wind up! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

jeez that's weird, this is what I got on the 3rd Oct while fishing Garryhill, Co Carlow. Look closely and there's a faint 2nd rainbow.
    Also don't you just love the ESB pole in the middle of the lake :-)

5056705663_4806a3bdc1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Is that not a telephone pole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

jeez that's weird, this is what I got on the 3rd Oct while fishing Garryhill, Co Carlow. Look closely and there's a faint 2nd rainbow.
    Also don't you just love the ESB pole in the middle of the lake :-)

lots of big rainbows around these days......what did yours weigh??.........where else would you put a pole?? into the water maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Lads, I've been fishing for rainbows for 2 months now and I don't know what flies to use? Look at all the double digit rainbows ye're catching, I can't even catch one. Although I did rise a 2 pound thunderstorm last week.
    Too far maybe? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

zacmorris wrote: »
    Is that not a telephone pole?

Notice the yellow sign at the bottom of the pole, believe me it's an electricity pole and not a telecoms pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Love that pic experimenter. Couldnt mistake that scene for any other country.

Advertisement