Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11 for dummies!

Options
  • 06-10-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

While i'm on the forum thought I might ask a couple of questions....
    I am old school in terms of Fifa, used to play my mates and thats it because never much fun in playing AI....is it alot better now?

Also does manager mode mean you just watch or do you control all players passing, shooting etc?

I seen someone mention that they chose to be a player in the game, does that mean they are only one player in the whole game? Sounds boring?

Also if I set the level to say semi-pro would I notice a difference in playing Shamrock Rovers and Man Utd or would they both play to same standard?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Manager mode as far as I know is the FIFA equivilent to Championship Manager.

Player-Manager mode allows you to play as one player (a created or selected player) or the entire team.

You can choose to be a single player as mentioned above. It is also the way it is played if you take on a Player career...Not as bad as it sounds though because you have to make runs, call for passes, track back, etc. Sometimes midfield is the best way to go...Though I have found that the AI seems to suffer from a lack of brainwaves at times when they make up the other 10 on the pitch.

Semi-pro is really just how difficult it will be - how often AI uses skill moves, how aware they are, etc. Will not affect ratings - so you won't pull off skills moves and passing as accurately as United's stars (should) but you may be able to walk through their defence easier.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Manager mode as far as I know is the FIFA equivilent to Championship Manager.

Player-Manager mode allows you to play as one player (a created or selected player) or the entire team.

Manager Mode you control the whole team as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Manager mode allows control of the whole team (or you can just sim every game if you want to concentrate on the management side)

Player - you select one player and play as him. From what it says in the manual, its possible to eventually become a manager as well in this mode.

Player-Manager - You play as only 1 player in the team but you can also control the entire team if you want. There is also the manager side of it in this mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Could someone please explain shooting to me.

Brand new to this game and just cant get the hand of shooting.

Do I power up and then direct, or direct and then power up.

When shooting do I am as if Im standing facing the goal, or aim like playing right to left / left to right?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Could someone please explain shooting to me.

Brand new to this game and just cant get the hand of shooting.

Do I power up and then direct, or direct and then power up.

When shooting do I am as if Im standing facing the goal, or aim like playing right to left / left to right?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Power up, then direct the shot. Your aiming should be left to right as if you are facing the goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement