Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If You could only watch ONE Christmas film

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Love actually is an excellent bit of cheese, I must say. Most things with this guy are :D

hugh_grant.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Die Hard - watch it every year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

- The Santa Clause but only part one the rest weren't great.
    - A Christmas Carol (Muppets Version)
    - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    - Mickeys once upon a Christmas :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    - The Santa Clause but only part one the rest weren't great.
    - A Christmas Carol (Muppets Version)
    - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    - Mickeys once upon a Christmas :D

Aren't you only suppose to pick one! ;)

Which one is your fav out of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just in relation to Christmas films, i'm thinking of buying a load of classic christmas films from Amazon as they seem to be good value - would Amazon be the best place to get them or is there somewhere else that's better value?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I always watch Love Actually as I put up the tree. In late november :D

Why so much love for Home Alone? I can't remember anything vaguely christmassy in there - but I can't watch that movie anymore cos I have a thing about bare feet on sharp edges.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

corblimey wrote: »
    I always watch Love Actually as I put up the tree. In late november :D

Why so much love for Home Alone? I can't remember anything vaguely christmassy in there - but I can't watch that movie anymore cos I have a thing about bare feet on sharp edges.

I don't classify it as a Christmas film myself but Its set around Christmas time, the family is on their Christmas holidays in it, there's Christmas songs on the soundtrack, you get the point... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

there is a film I once watched...it was during a blizzard around Christmas, I was snuggled up in a blanket and the fire was blazing. The film I think was called something like A Winter's Tale - it featured a woman who was kidnapped and the kidnapper chopped off her fingers - she was a piano player I think. It was set in winter and it was snowing in the film also. It wasn't a christmas film but everytime I think of that film I remember Christmas and be so snug in my blanket with the fire on and the christmas tree twinkling. I have never actually seen the film since - can anyone enlighten me as to the film. I would love to see it again for nostalgia's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

there is a film I once watched...it was during a blizzard around Christmas, I was snuggled up in a blanket and the fire was blazing. The film I think was called something like A Winter's Tale - it featured a woman who was kidnapped and the kidnapper chopped off her fingers - she was a piano player I think. It was set in winter and it was snowing in the film also. It wasn't a christmas film but everytime I think of that film I remember Christmas and be so snug in my blanket with the fire on and the christmas tree twinkling. I have never actually seen the film since - can anyone enlighten me as to the film. I would love to see it again for nostalgia's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I love watching the Muppet's Christmas Carol and Bad Santa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Muppet Christmas Carrol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Muppet Christmas Carrol!

Snap! :)

Trapped In Paradise is a Christmas Guilty Pleasure of mine,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111477/

Also Scrooged is a fantastic Christmas Movie, but if I only had one to watch, it has to be the Muppets Christmas Carol!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Ghost busters

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

as a kid i always loved to watch miracle on 34th street i absolutely loved it but now it has to be elf.who needs to wait until christmas to watch it! often watched that mid june :D

elf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ordered a few Christmas films from Amazon at the weekend - The Bishops Wife, Polar Express, Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause, Prancer, Elf and White Christmas! The others i need to add to my collection are It's a Wonderful Life and Holiday Inn (couldnt get a good enough deal on Amazon for those though so think i'll wait a while or have a look in town):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

A christmas story. It never fails to give me christmassy butterflies in my tummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

"A Christmas Story" is our favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvMLfSQrHKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

cypharius wrote: »
    Die Hard
    Slunk wrote: »
    Die hard
    Die hard
    KeithM89 wrote: »
    Die Hard - watch it every year :)

die-hard-poster.jpg

Definitely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dont know what it is but noth die hard one and two are just brilliant , the sequals to the films these days are just fcukin shoit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Waaaay too hard to choose just one :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

So hard to choose just one!

It would always have been Home Alone, but Love Actually is catching up. Probably still Home Alone though, by a whisker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It is the Nightmare Before Christmas for me every year. I adore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Holiday Inn, or Singing in the Rain are my top two oldies.

Elf or the first Santa Clause are my two more modern faves.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

jingle all the ways the best christmas movie
    that or die hard they always cheer me up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-chevy-chase-stare.jpg

OR

die-hard.jpg

TOO hard to choose!

Love those movies, been waiting all year to see them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

That scrooge movie is excellent, can't remember which one but its got some amazing acting in it. Was done a while ago though, like 70's or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Lads severe lack of gremlins appreciation going on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Lads severe lack of gremlins appreciation going on here
    well dont put me in that catogory gremlins is an awesome movie
    it's just not my favorite besides little green monsters
    is more of a halloween kind thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Bad Santa - Billy Bob Thornton = hilarious:D:D:D

+1