Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

external hard drive.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Heres iomega one for 66 euro. 7200rpm. 1tb. 3.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Here is a customer review of one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Better off getting a WD-TV and an portable external HD in my opinion

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

patmac wrote: »

I have a iomega 1TB desktop drive, its a Western Digital Caviar hard drive under the hood and never had an issue with it, have it longer than a year! It is never really transported around though I just leave it plugged in all the time

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I got one of these from Easons last January . No problems with it

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭shanejunkin

yoyo wrote: »
    I have a iomega 1TB desktop drive, its a Western Digital Caviar hard drive under the hood and never had an issue with it, have it longer than a year! It is never really transported around though I just leave it plugged in all the time

Nick

Nick, I have just bought a Iomega 2TB Desktop HD but I am having trouble with it. When I connected it, it installed the drivers as you would expect, and reported no issue. However, when I open "Computer" the Hard Drive does not appear, I can't access it.

I have tried rebooting, turing the Hard Drive on and off, all to no avail. I have even went into Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Device Manager\Disk Drives and I can see the Hard Drive there. On selecting it there it reports that it is working properly!

Yet I can't access it from my computer? Even when I turn off the Hard Drive it dissapears from the Device Manager page so my laptop is "seeing" it, but not completely?

Can you please help, my head is wrecked!!

Regards,

Shanejunkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

1.Click Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools (if you can’t see administrative tools please change to classic view on the left hand side of the screen) - Computer Management - Disk Management.

2.Disk management will split the screen into a top half and a bottom half, the bottom half will display all attached drives, such as your "C" drive, "DVD" drive etc, also displayed should be the Buffalo drive which may show up as an "Unknown" drive.

3.Right click on this device and select assign a drive letter and assign a new drive letter for this device. (If you are not given this option or it is grayed out then go to step 4)

Please be aware that steps 4 and 5 will result in the drive being completely wiped of all data.

4.Right click on this drive and select delete partition, this can take up to 30 seconds to complete. Once this has been done, right click the drive again and select create new partition and then select primary as the partition type when requested.

There is no need to change any of the other settings so just keep clicking next until you reach the end of the wizard, the drive will then format and create a new and fully functioning NTFS partition, this can take a bit of time to fully format.

Once the above process has been completed, the drive should again be fully functional and listed as a drive in "My Computer"

(If you are not given this option or it is grayed out then go to step 5)

5.Right click on this drive and select format and follow the steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

patmac wrote: »
    Hi I am thinking of purchasing this, does anyone know if it is any good or any alternatives?
    Thanks
    http://www.eason.ie/look/5390800097801/So-Speaky-1Tb-Multimedia-Hdmi-Hard-Drive

If you havent already bought something you could consider this LAcie 2 TB NAS with Gigabit Ethernet and High Speed USB from DABS for 159Euro.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/lacie-2tb-lacie-network-space-2-ethernet-hi-speed-usb-6LQ1.html?refs=52910000

net4hack wrote: »
    If you havent already bought something you could consider this LAcie 2 TB NAS with Gigabit Ethernet and High Speed USB from DABS for 159Euro.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/lacie-2tb-lacie-network-space-2-ethernet-hi-speed-usb-6LQ1.html?refs=52910000

I don't think that actually plays multimedia files though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement