Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel P662 login problem

• 01-10-2010 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi folks,
    I know I'm a few years late to this discussion, but perhaps someone can help me...
    I'm working with a Zyxel P-662Hw-D1 router. There are 3 PCs connected via ethernet. I want to set up the WLAN. The URL 192.168.1.1 gets me nowhere - it just times out. Using ipconfig in the run dialogue box gives me the default gateway as 192.168.224.254. Typing this into a web browser gets me to the web-based interface page for the router, but the password "1234" is not accepted. The only password which works is "user", and that just gets me to the status page which JohnCleary mentioned in his original post,with no options to change anything.

I'd be grateful for suggestions!
    Many thanks.

Mod edit: Posts split to a new thread. Old there here for reference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I'd be grateful for suggestions!

Hardware reset the router (this will set everything back to the factory default settings) and start the setup again from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mudpuddles1418

bhickey wrote: »
    Hardware reset the router (this will set everything back to the factory default settings) and start the setup again from scratch.

Thanks bhickey,

I used the reset button on the back of the router, but again the password 1234 is no good, the only passward that works is user.

Any ideas?
    MP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

According to the P-662HW-D1 User Guide :

The default admin password is 'admin' and the default user password is 'user' (both without the quotation marks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mudpuddles1418

Yeah I tried that, admin won't work either. Bloody piece of crap router.

Advertisement