Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2010 ***Week 1***

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Wow. Didn't think of that.

sugar wouldnt hire you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ooooohh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pstokes

the irish one is more entertaining but the english show is classier and the candidates are a lot more intelligent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

pstokes wrote: »
    the irish one is more entertaining but the english show is classier and the candidates are a lot more intelligent.
    And hotter, so very much hotter.

Not very flattering pictures though in fairness.

sandeesh_samra_lrg.jpg

paloma_Vivanco_lrg.jpg

liz_locke_lrg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

duckysauce wrote: »
    sugar wouldnt hire you;)

Based on spelling and punctuation, a five year old would stand a better chance of being hired over you.

• Advertisement

top Sandeesh Samra is hoooooot

Based on spelling and punctuation, a five year old would stand a better chance of being hired over you.

i am 4 you dick, punctuation aint right but spelling wheres the error? ps its not a cv i am writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

i am 4 and its past my bedtime you dick ps its not a cv i am writing

Haha that explains why you are a moronic idiot. Time for bed little man.

I would say your CV consists of half a page explaining why you dropped out of school to join your mates on the dole queue.

I would say your CV consists of half a page explaining why you dropped out of school to join your mates on the dole queue.

sweet b m baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pstokes

And hotter, so very much hotter.

Not very flattering pictures though in fairness.

sandeesh_samra_lrg.jpg

paloma_Vivanco_lrg.jpg

liz_locke_lrg.jpgSo true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

pstokes wrote: »

Well it has a much bigger budget for sure although I don't really see the candidates being any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

i am 4 you dick, punctuation aint right but spelling wheres the error? ps its not a cv i am writing.

Leave it out, both of you if you wish to continue posting.

If you keep it up I will have no option but to ban the both of you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I never watched the UK series before but:

liked -
    • No blatant product placement
    • A bit of positivity and praise in the board room
    • No ad breaks = more TV show

Disliked -
    • No criac with the apprentices, all a little stuck up.
    • Their "character" apprentices were just knobs, whereas the Irish ones are people you love to hate.

Look forward to seeing next weeks episode all the same :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just watched it now, loved Nicks put down of melissa, right man went.
    As for the impossibly blue eyes in the boardroom, I noticed this last year, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something done post production for HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I watched tonight and I think it looks like it's going to be great this year. There's definitely the feeling that the contestants are hungry for the job and will be willing to fight tooth and nail for it. Looks like there's a few genuinely intelligent people in there. I'd say there'll be some bloodbath boardrooms!

The Irish one seemed very tame by comparison. I think the Irish contestants are treating it like a reality show this year, they're going through the motions trying to hang in there and waiting until they're discovered as the next Breffany or Geraldine media C listers. It feels as though they were chosen as reality show contestants rather than as business people too. I'd say whoever cast it was very conscious that they were going to have to pad out a weekly Apprentice at Home show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭vallo

The Irish one seemed very tame by comparison. I think the Irish contestants are treating it like a reality show this year, they're going through the motions trying to hang in there and waiting until they're discovered as the next Breffany or Geraldine media C listers. It feels as though they were chosen as reality show contestants rather than as business people too. I'd say whoever cast it was very conscious that they were going to have to pad out a weekly Apprentice at Home show.

Yes, that's a goodpoint. In fairness though, if you get a job working for Bill Cullen you couldn't say "you've got it made" the same way you would if you were working for Lord Sugar.

There are a fair few buffoons on the British version too though - Raleigh and the guy that didn't get fired to name but 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

vallo wrote: »
    Yes, that's a goodpoint. In fairness though, if you get a job working for Bill Cullen you couldn't say "you've got it made" the same way you would if you were working for Lord Sugar.

There are a fair few buffoons on the British version too though - Raleigh and the guy that didn't get fired to name but 2.

Ah bit harsh imo :) loved the little speech he gave, reminds me a bit of Raef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 owlone

Hi. Living in Waterford - don't have sky box and missed You're Fired on Wed. night. Any ideas where I could watch it without having to give my life story and personal details. Would appreciate any help - I love this prgramme!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You are out of luck. Sorry.

Advertisement