Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frequencies

• 06-10-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Does any here have a GRE-PSR 255 scanner?

In the dublin area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Does any here have a GRE-PSR 255 scanner?

In the dublin area?

Yes.

No. However I have some Dublin frequencies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

what are they for any chance me having some ha I'm sicka hearing taxi's .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get an aerial and HF Radio for more variety.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

watty wrote: »
    Get an aerial and HF Radio for more variety.

Or scan. That's what scanners are for. :)

You have air band and marine band for starters, plenty of activity there that you would hear in Dublin no problem. Maybe get into ACARS or the marine plotting stuff (can't remember the name, there's a thread on here about it).

The best thing to do is get a decent aerial for your needs. People who get a scanner and rely on the built in aerial while sitting on their couch trying to pick stuff up are usually underwhelmed by the results, and the scanner ends up on eBay. Spending a few quid on a discone or other wideband scanner aerial and getting it up as high as possible outside the house will yield great results.

I'd rather listen to Joe Duffy than a bunch of moaning taxi drivers. Mind you, he's probably pretty similar to a moaning taxi driver. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'd rather listen to Joe Duffy than a bunch of moaning taxi drivers. Mind you, he's probably pretty similar to a moaning taxi driver. ;)

Oh Contrairé! :D Since the unmentionables have got silent, these guys have become the new mecca, not quite as good as hearing the unmentionables, but a few guys are really clued into what they are saying. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement