Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skills assessment

Options
  • 06-10-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

hi,
    just wondering has anyone done this in ireland for an australian visa
    and what are the costs also what material was used was it irish or australian,plasterer by trade trying to weigh up my options at the mo.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

hi,
    just wondering has anyone done this in ireland for an australian visa
    and what are the costs also what material was used was it irish or australian,plasterer by trade trying to weigh up my options at the mo.

cheers.

I am in the same situation, only i am a partition and ceiling fixer but apparently, it is known as a fibrous plasterer in oz and they do all the works, plastering and the fit-outs, so with me i have done very little plastering but from what i heard is the assessor will get you to maybe build a partition,slab it and skim it, and ask you questions in relation to this trade. According to visa first this will cost a total of 2750 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

ya basic stuff so,i worked out there in perth in 2006,was offered sponsorship from a guy was subbing work from,but came home with the intention of going back a couple of months later,lo and behold,lol.two an half grand bit out of my league at the mo,might just get a holiday visa and stay ilegally,lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yeah dont do that...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

ya basic stuff so,i worked out there in perth in 2006,was offered sponsorship from a guy was subbing work from,but came home with the intention of going back a couple of months later,lo and behold,lol.two an half grand bit out of my league at the mo,might just get a holiday visa and stay ilegally,lol.

Why not try contacting the guy who offered you sponsorship in 2006 and say that you are thinking of coming back and dose he have anything going or know anyone that might?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

got a job in england so way less stress,thanks for the replys tho(:

• Advertisement
Advertisement