Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU 10 stuck?

Options
  • 06-10-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Bulb blown. Its in a wooden ceiling of a sunroom so cant get behind it. Dont think its an ordinary Gu 10 light fitting as it swivels and seems to be on some sort of spring? Cant turn it to remove it. Am currently searching the house for one of those black suction pad things to turn it but Im not convinced that will do the trick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Bulb blown. Its in a wooden ceiling of a sunroom so cant get behind it. Dont think its an ordinary Gu 10 light fitting as it swivels and seems to be on some sort of spring? Cant turn it to remove it. Am currently searching the house for one of those black suction pad things to turn it but Im not convinced that will do the trick.

those suction things will do the trick, do you use suction hooks on bathroom or windows at moment, as sometimes these we use to hang up our face towels and things, or the christmas decorations did you use suction cups to hold lights on windows, they also do the trick, trust me, i have had to do it with them, and they worked,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i don't use halogen much these days

but kitchen gloves are handy

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

All suction thing did was take the face off it. Its a pliers job or is there any other way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

can you pull the fitting down

The surround seems tight but I thought I should be able to pull it down. Ill give that another go

• Advertisement

Sorted, thanks everyone

Advertisement