Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KJ Noons vs Nick Diaz II - ***contains spoilers***

• 06-10-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Doesn't seem to be much talk about this fight here on boards, I'm not sure if people have forgotten that its this weekend.
    I would like to see Diaz revenge his lose but my brain is telling me that KJ Noons is going to stuff the takedowns and beat him on the feet with quicker hands and superior boxing, I can see this going the distance or TKO cut again.

StrikeForce-Diaz-vs-Noons-2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is this being Repeated on Bravo.I enjoy the Strikeforce events at least they don't have announcers Roaring he's rocked everytime a punch connects or shouting "And it is all over" before Sherk even tapped.Oh & no Dana White is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

KJ would be one of my top 5 favourite fighters, really hope he does what he did last time.. Just even better than last time..

Is it just me or is KJ like Chuck was, except KJ has better hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

On paddy power, KJ is a massive underdog? I would have thought it would have been closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I would have KJ as a significant underdog here.
    Kj is a lightweight, the previous fight was contested at 160lbs, while this is 170lbs match. Diaz is now too big to make 160, and has fought up to 180lbs recently.

Diaz's overall record is far more impressive than KJ's, plus he has a better all round game.

DON'T BE SCARED HOMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

KJ was focussing on boxing for a year or two until recently. Nick has been beating people well, since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope we see a repeat of the last KJ fight (anyone got a link to that fight by any chance?? Can't think of the guys name he was fighting) Can't stand Diaz, it's kinda sad cuz he seems like he's not all there

Don't be scared Homie haha

KJ Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel (TUF 2)
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QBRP9P6B

ScareGilly wrote: »
    KJ Noons vs. Jorge Gurgel (TUF 2)
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QBRP9P6B

Sweeeeeeeet

good quality an all. Love the awkwardness of Strikeforce!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Either of the Diaz brothers are notoriously difficult to stop, they are both very stubborn & seem to stand with almost everyone like they have to prove a point.

KJ's last fight with Gurgel was ok. Gurgel should have grabbed & held on to him like a pitbull but choose to stand.... well he gave up too easy on the take downs.

I see a war again here though. I believe KJ has the better hands but there's more to a fight than punching. If he can suck Diaz into a stand up war then I believe he'll take a decision but if it hits the mat a few times I see Diaz pulling off a sub or just managing to swing the judges.

I hope KJ does it. I'm not a hater & respect all MMA fighters but the Diaz brothers are not the most professional & haven't exactly done much lately to please fans :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sweeeeeeeet

good quality an all. Love the awkwardness of Strikeforce!

The last few Strikeforce shows have been so much better than UFC 118/119.. All I want is for Don Frye, Mike Goldberg and Bas Rutten to commentate on them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Diaz is a bigger and better fighter than last time, he is going to take this imo but it will be a cracker.

The preview show if anyones interested

Couldn't believe this was on the 2nd page the day of the fight!

Episode 1

http://strikeforce.com/media/2010/09/collision-course-nick-diaz-vs-kj-noons-part-1/

Episode 2

http://strikeforce.com/media/2010/10/collision-course-diaz-vs-noons-ii-episode-2/

Diaz biggest problem imo is his lack of head movement * when coming forward, as long as he doesn't stand in front of Noons like a sack of corn I can't see him losing this.

Would love to see Diaz get dropped but probably won't happen.

Ya Prodigy, Strikeforce wouldn't be the most popular on this board :rolleyes:

It can't be much worse then the last few UFC's. Not gonna stay up for it tho, will just download it tomorrow if I can get a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is this being Repeated on Bravo

Doesn't look like it at this stage :( checked on radio times website and nothing found when searching for strikeforce, think it usually gives about a week ahead in tv listings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Its really a shame at this stage Nick isnt back in the UFC. Hes one of the top in the world IMO and there's a few guys who i'd love to see him fight!

(although i cant see him ever beating GSP)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol judging by the two fighters mugs it's Beauty versus the Beast.

I wouldnt go as far as to call KJ a beast! Thats just mean :P

Anyone know if it is a 2 or 3 start.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is a 2 or 3 start.

3 am

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek: FFS
    30-27 to Thomson is bull****, I thought JZ got the 1st and definately the 3rd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Main fight video if anybody is interested.

http://www.hookedonmma.com/nick-diaz-vs-kj-noons-2-fight-video/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

Remind me never to watch that ****e again.

really? i thought the main fight was epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

Nick Diaz Best interview quotes.

Very funny. :)

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?showtopic=29821&st=20

Fights good or bad?

Worse decisions on that card than UFC 119
    What idiot judge scored that fight 49-46 to Diaz? I think the promotions should be allowed to have their own judges.. Cecil Peoples would've been proud of last night
    :rolleyes:

The Thompson scoring was ridiculous!

The Diaz v Noons fight was a cracker though. I'd love to see a thirs fight between them!

The judging last night was a joke.

3rd fight between Noons and Diaz has to happen IMO.

I'd like to see the Fight Metric stats on it. How they can justify that decision given the stats Strikeforce showed at the end is baffling.

• Advertisement

Fights good or bad?

Didn't see the ladies fight but the rest are very good, Diaz v Noons is class!

Female fight spoiler.
    A spanner has just been thrown in the works for Female Fighter of the Year
    Kaufman lost to Coenan

Ya I hate watching good events aswell :rolleyes:
    The judging last night was a joke.

3rd fight between Noons and Diaz has to happen IMO.

I'd like to see the Fight Metric stats on it. How they can justify that decision given the stats Strikeforce showed at the end is baffling.

Thomson judging was terrible imo, I think JZ won that fight.

I thought Diaz won the fight tbh, I was shocked to see KJ landed a 100+ more punches. I wonder was it a mistake because before I saw that I thought Nick definately won, I'm sure alot of people thought Nick won then saw the stats and had second thoughts. It looked to me that Diaz outboxed KJ and those stats were pretty baffling when I saw them. Still feel that the only round KJ won was the 2nd.

Haven't seen the fight but

Junkie had it 48-47; Diaz

The three sherdog writers had it;
    Jordan Breen (49-46 Diaz)
    Chris Nelson (48-47 Diaz)
    Tomas Rios (49-46 Diaz)

Josh Gross; 48-47 Diaz

Most of those score fights well except (Breen, who is a spanner when it comes to judging)

Can we now really go on about the judging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Great card. Both decisions went the other way that I thought, I had it 2-1 for JZ and 3-2 for Noons - with Noons winning 2, 4 and 5, but I can understand how the fourth could have gone to Diaz.

A really great show, especially for what is essentially a free show in the States. Really impressed with Woodley. The production was the best I've seen from Strikeforce, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Decent enough event. Some of the scoring was ridiculous but good solid fights.

What was wrong with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The commentary was just terrible on this show. I've never really had a problem with them before but I did here

The main event was good but they really went over the top in saying that

Fozzy wrote: »
    The commentary was just terrible on this show. I've never really had a problem with them before but I did here

The main event was good but they really went over the top in saying that

I've always hated the commentary on Strikeforce. I can't stand Mauro Ranwhathisface! Never could.

And Shamrock is terrible. Pat M ain't bad though.

If Mauro says "the first stanza" once more or "You'd know about that wouldn't you Frank" again i think im gonna explode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was very surprised to hear two former fighters talking about how you have to beat the champ to win the title. They don't actually know how the judging works

Apparently Mayhem Miller and Diaz were having a go at each other backstage last night. Coker really has no choice but to make this fight for a CBS card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm usually the 1st to say womens fight was the best of the night regards strikeforce events , but it wasn't. It was sub par just like the rest of the card. Didn't enjoy the event at all. Before the flaming beings just a matter of taste rather than having a go at fighters and events etc.

Sarah Koughman looked ragged in this fight, and her opponent no better.

• Advertisement

Honestly that was the best MMA fight I have ever seen.

I had Noons winning rounds 2,4, and 5.

Not sure about Noon''s comments at the end "He beat me fair and square"

To me Noons won 3/5 rounds and did far more damage.

Noons looked as pretty as ever after whereas Diaz's face looked fairly f wrecked. I don't think he could even talk properly but that's pretty standard for him.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What was wrong with it?

Evereything from the quality of the fights to the judging.

Diaz vs Noons - Someone should explain to the donkeys exactly what MMA is. ie not a piss poor boxing match with more talking than anything else

Thomson vs Calvacante - I scored this 29-28 to Calvacante. It was the best fight of the card. How one of the judges scored it 30-37 i'll never know.

Coenen vs Kaufman - I was happy when this was over, Kaufman was one dimentional and Coenen was weak as piss

Galvao vs Woodley - doesnt belong on a main event card

Strikeforce is a glorified local show and barely on a par with the last few Cage Contender shows.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Honestly that was the best MMA fight I have ever seen

Seriously?

You need to go to some local shows here in Ireland and you'll see better than that fight. Or if you prefer tv, maybe you should watch some WEC shows paying particular attention to Jose Aldo and Donald Cerrone

Strikeforce is a glorified local show and barely on a par with the last few Cage Contender shows.

The problem with SF is that they aren't consistent with decent events. They always seem to have a rubbish event very regularly. There last 3 events were rubbish with terrible match ups.

Apparently Mayhem Miller and Diaz were having a go at each other backstage last night. Coker really has no choice but to make this fight for a CBS card.

Miller fights at 185, Diaz at 170

This fight aint happening imo

Miller fights at 185, Diaz at 170

This fight aint happening imo

Trust me it will. It will be a catchweight fight, 180 I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Pretty poor card, but I liked the main event. I love the Diaz brothers style. Although I think a great wrestler with great top control would stifle their punches in bunches style, although they're dangerous on the ground in their own right.
    I would really like to see Diaz return to the UFC though.

TheProdigy wrote: »
    Thomson judging was terrible imo, I think JZ won that fight.

100% agreed.

TheProdigy wrote: »
    I thought Diaz won the fight tbh, I was shocked to see KJ landed a 100+ more punches. I wonder was it a mistake because before I saw that I thought Nick definately won, I'm sure alot of people thought Nick won then saw the stats and had second thoughts. It looked to me that Diaz outboxed KJ and those stats were pretty baffling when I saw them. Still feel that the only round KJ won was the 2nd.

So did I. I had Diaz up 3-2 myself but I thought it was pretty close.

Reason I said that was because of the stats posted at the end. However, they have since been erroneous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ray_Ray

Had Noons winning that fight 3/5. Really enjoy watching KJ Noons fight, great striker.

Needs to sort that hair out tbh. That was annoying as f*ck

Seriously?

You need to go to some local shows here in Ireland and you'll see better than that fight. Or if you prefer tv, maybe you should watch some WEC shows paying particular attention to Jose Aldo and Donald Cerrone

I was drunk watching it so it suited my mood but I was literally on the edge of my seat.

Obviously from a purists point of view there wasn't enough rolling around on the ground in half guard and whatnot, but for drunken fools like me it was an absolute blast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement