Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Way to play newest games on wii?

• 06-10-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have a softmodded Wii on firmware 4.2 and havent updated as it removes homebrew. I expect most of the newer titles been released before Xmas will require the update to play? Is there anyway around updating? (Im talking about original disks not backups)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Its only the xbox 360 that requires u to update to play a game except if u have a jtag.
    with the wii u just use an update blocker to remove the update and play away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

you can play the games through any of the many loader channels, they will bypass the update check, like the NeoGamma channel or my own fave usb loader GX, can read discs also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

iPwnage wrote: »
    you can play the games through any of the many loader channels, they will bypass the update check, like the NeoGamma channel or my own fave usb loader GX, can read discs also

Both of those are backup loaders. This thread is very grey area, please keep the conversation within the bounds of the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

use pimp my wii to update it to the setting of 4.3 but it will still leave it on 4.2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Both of those are backup loaders. This thread is very grey area, please keep the conversation within the bounds of the charter.

could be used for that purpose, nobody mentioned backups, op wants to play his original discs without updating, so i mentioned them,
    its like saying dont mention the homebrew channel, could be used to install backup channels...

but i hear ya, its grey, but we are keeping it in context

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

iPwnage wrote: »
    could be used for that purpose, nobody mentioned backups, op wants to play his original discs without updating, so i mentioned them,
    its like saying dont mention the homebrew channel, could be used to install backup channels...

but i hear ya, its grey, but we are keeping it in context

I think you'll find your interpretation of the charter is somewhat lacking. Here's an excerpt:
    DO NOT DISCUSS HOW TO RUN PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY - THIS INCLUDES LOADERS/FLASH CARDS/MODIFIED CODE ETC

If this thread mentions the above one more time I'm locking it. And iPwnage, don't question my moderation decisions/methodology on thread. Pm me if you have an issue please. That in itself can get you into trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanks for all replies guys :) Will try out Pimp my Wii later on.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think you'll find your interpretation of the charter is somewhat lacking. Here's an excerpt:

If this thread mentions the above one more time I'm locking it. And iPwnage, don't question my moderation decisions/methodology on thread. Pm me if you have an issue please. That in itself can get you into trouble.
    i wasnt questioning you boss man ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pimp my Wii is a dangerous program, you can easily brick your Wii with it!

I use Priiloader to block those pesky on disc updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

i want to buy a wii for the kid ... the new consoles . is the latest firmware ok to flash etc to play back ups? i know f all bout these things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

irishjay wrote: »
    i want to buy a wii for the kid ... the new consoles . is the latest firmware ok to flash etc to play back ups? i know f all bout these things

I would recommend you to buy a pre owned wii and see can you install bootmii (new wiis do not work with bootmii) on it since if your console gets bricked you can recover it easily :)

Advertisement