Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy frozen food in drogheda

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone tell me if there is a place where you can buy just frozen food in Drogheda? All the usual outlets are way over priced.
    Help anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

think theres a couple of farms out twoards termonfechin that does food

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kermafia

Thanks for that but i was thinking more of a shop that sells just frozen food.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

I've seen ads in the Drogheda Leader for a place called "frozen bites", based in the Boyne Business Park, Greenhills (unit 18B). Know nothing about them, have no connection to the place, but might be what you're looking for?

Yes i seen that ad to. I'm heading up that way now. I'll let you know what the place is like.
    Thanks again.

Hey gipi, i was down with the guys in Frozen Bites, and i have to say they are great!! The Girls name is Sue and she is really helpful. Great product range, from fish to burgers, and to prices are really good. This place is a real gem. I'll be back next week thats for sure. Oh forgot to mention, you can park outside the door as well!!! Happy Days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

i was just there and it was closed. Anyone know opening hours?

were you in the right place? Its next to Drogheda glass. It had a blue steel door, it was definitely open and the girl said she was there all day. Maybe it looked closed. Definitely worth another try. Good luck.

my mistake, it looks closed but isn't. good value on the meat in particular. found the chips and wedges to be fairly overpriced, though. the girl there is very nice alright, extremely helpful. sure i'll be going back but i'll see how it tastes first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Glad to help Kermafia, so it's all round to your place for munchies, eh! :D

Hello sparkthatbled, great to hear you found the place. how did you get on with the tasting? I thought the chips were ok value for a 2.5 kg bag, and after trying the chips in tesco i thought the taste was way better. let me know how you get on. Cheers Oh and by the way gipi anytime for munchies, you bring the beer!!!!:D

• Advertisement

2.5kg wedges was 7.99 in there. Aldi has 1kg for around €1 and i know they're nice. Pretty much the same with the chips. The huge sausages were very nice, though. Not tried the burgers or chicken yet but i'm sure it's worth it. I'll be definitely be coming here when i'm having a bbq!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is this like an Iceland type thing? Are the goods branded in anyway or where are they from?

From what the girl there told me, they are normally wholesaled to catering firms. Quality is pretty good from what i've tasted so far. The burgers are Big Als though in bags, not boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

A lot of Big Al's meat products are sourced in Thailand..

:rolleyes:

Advertisement