Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cant connect Xbox Live to vodafone bewan router

• 06-10-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am trying to connect my xbox to my bewan vodafone router but it keeps failing at the initial stage of the xbox live connection test. I have followed the instructions on the xbox live support website but to no avail. I have also called vodafone broadband support and they basically told me they couldnt help me, then told me to try portwarding.com , which i did , and opened my router and forwarded the ports i was supposed to but still no joy...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, IM CRACKING UP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=146743

ask this dude he knows a lot about this stuff iam sure he can help u out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I'll try help you out.
    What error message do you get on the screen when it fails? How are you connecting to the internet? Wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beanaldo

I'll try help you out.
    What error message do you get on the screen when it fails? How are you connecting to the internet? Wired or wireless?

it cannot obtain an ip address. i tried wireless and wired

There could be a large number of problems with your settings so I'm going to post this link from the microsoft site because it would take too long to go through them all:
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=978976&lcid=1033&category=xboxlive

It deals specifically with this problem. It will give 10 solutions(some only for wireless, others only for wired).The ones I think you will need to focus on are:

Solution 4: Set your IP settings manually

Solution 7: Turn on DHCP

Set aside an hour or two to go through them if ya can becuase it could get frustrating!! They are done in fairly good detail so you shouln't have a problem understanding. Hope this helps!

P.S Always try connect using wired.Faster and more reliable than wireless especially if your internet is not the fastest!

Sorry just saw that you were having trouble following the microsoft site. Did you try all solutions??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Have you enabled UPNP on the router? It sounds to me like you could have to wrong network settings entered into the 360.

I've sent you a list of questions that I'll need answers to on your profile page. Try and give me as much info as possible about what you've done and in what order you've done them. It could turn out to be a very simple fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beanaldo

i got it sorted finally. i just restored the xbox to factory settings and restarted it and it worked. i had a feeling it would be somethin simple. thanks for the help lads. by the way , what happened to that cool camera angle that was in fifa 10 online mode????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

beanaldo wrote: »
    i got it sorted finally. i just restored the xbox to factory settings and restarted it and it worked. i had a feeling it would be somethin simple. thanks for the help lads. by the way , what happened to that cool camera angle that was in fifa 10 online mode????

May I suggest something to you so it's permanently fixed. Write down the settings from the automatic network connection on your xbox and enter them in the manual settings. Then use that IP address in your router when you open all the ports for xbox live. It's an easy way for you to assign yourself a staic IP for the xbox.

Then power off your router regularly so it reboots itself and maintains all the settings. Some routers go a bit funny after a few days, if not refreshed.

Advertisement