Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me set up a Blackberry Curve 8310

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been given this phone to use as my Sony Ericsson has packed it in. The phone has rarely been used as in a perfect state. Unfortunately the phone has been wiped including 3rd party applications. I have no way of accessing the web on it, as i can't find a browser of any sorts.

I am a first time user of the Blackberry but have to say i found it very awkward and there seems to very convoluted ways to perform simple tasks. Maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I am on the three network and am hoping someone can help basically get WAP access. I've tried sending Opera mini to the phone via Bluetooth but that hasn't worked, and when i go to plug in via USB i am told that the USB cable does not have enough power

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That phone is no use to you on 3, it's a 2G phone, you'll be without coverage in some places and will not have access to 3's 3G network ever.

Have a look at some of these there more suitable for 3, http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

That phone is no use to you on 3, it's a 2G phone, you'll be without coverage in some places and will not have access to 3's 3G network ever.

Have a look at some of these there more suitable for 3, http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/

I didn't realise that. I don't really understand what i can and can't access. Phone calls but no internet, or phone calls and some internet? The latter i can handle.

gnolan wrote: »
    I didn't realise that. I don't really understand what i can and can't access. Phone calls but no internet, or phone calls and some internet? The latter i can handle.

3 is a fully 3G network that roams onto Vodafone 2G when you have no 3G access.
    With a 2G phone you will always be on Vodafone GPRS and will be left without reception in an area where 3 don't use Vodafone for redundancy.

There's not a lot of places it won't make calls.

Considering everything is wiped from the phone and it's old technology&blackberry, it's not really worth putting you time into it, just use it for txts and calls if you stuck but look at changing the phone when you can and getting one that supports 3G.

There's some excellent phones out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks for that. To be honest, money is a huge factor so i might start another thread in the future about bill pay vs pre pay with respect to different HTCs, iPhones, Samsungs and the like. Thanks again

if your not on bill you should consider it if your not a huge texter and just need minutes and some internet.
    It all boils down to how much your spending on prepay a month and would it justify the move to bill to save money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement