Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

I have a 4 way adapter connected to one wall socket, is it any way dangerous to connect a 3 way adapter to the other wall socket?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the plug fuses and wall socket might overheat if there's heavy loads connected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Well the socket pin contacts can be overloaded and overheat unless its the fused adaptors. I prefer the 4 socket extensions myself, at least you definitely have a fuse in the plug of then, and the plug stays fully in unlike an adaptor with 3 plugs into it which sometimes makes them pull a little out of the socket making the connection less good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

So it depends what is connected to them?

In my case i'd have a TV, PS2, Video Recorder and Sky Box connected to the 4 way adapter and a laptop, ipod dock and fan/mobile charger to the 3 way. Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

overload won't be an issue -but don't leave everything on 'standby' -when not in use

adaptors and multi-leads are just gadgets really-not electrical equipment

Advertisement