Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehersal Spaces in Galway City

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi. I am looking for a band rehersal space in Galway city, any suggestions? Ive asked around and havent had much luck so far, Thanks!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I think the Gaf on eglington street offers rehersal space if ye are young. If not ask some local bands where they practice they are all friendly, and love to help up and coming bands

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ledzepkickass

thanks, ive seen that place on eglington street alright, didnt know they had rehersal space. were all first/second years in nuig, i dont know if theyd cater for us but well have a look. thanks, il see what othere places crop up sure

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Rather than repeating what's already been posted, I'll just direct you to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

The Forge on New Road is your best bet. Two rehearsal rooms, €25 for two and a half hours during the week, or €30 for 3 hours at the weekend. Bernard, the owner, is dead sound. They provide two guitar amps, bass amp, drumkit, and PA. Everything is basic, not great gear. Drummer has to bring own kick pedal, cymbals etc

(0)91561446 is the house number (it's a B&B/Recording studio as well). PM me if you're looking for Bernard's direct mobile number for booking the rehearsal space...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cariss1

I have a space in the Ballybane industrial estate which I set up a few months back. Myself and my friends use the place and I also rent the place by the hour to any responsible and respectful musicians who get in touch with me.
    I'm trying to get the place off the ground to open to the public with the intention of putting all profit back in until there are 2 rooms fully kitted with excellent gear and everybody is happy with the place.
    The feedback is positive so far but I have a bit to go yet before taking the plunge as it is still majority self funded.
    It is fully equipped with good gear, plenty of parking, and a chill out area with a couch and chairs. Oh and indoor toilets. ;)
    I don't want to infringe on the boards rules so just PM me if you want more details.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

thanks, ive seen that place on eglington street alright, didnt know they had rehersal space. were all first/second years in nuig, i dont know if theyd cater for us but well have a look. thanks, il see what othere places crop up sure

does the music soc in NUIG not have space for this kind of thing? I know they have loads of open mic type nights with bands performing etc, but I don't know if they offer any space for rehearsals. If not, you could always join the soc and propose the idea. A huge chunk of your registration fee goes towards the societies, and they should be able to either hire a suitable spot or more likely provide somewhere on campus that you could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ledzepkickass

thanks for all the replies lads, il look into them. apoeiguq3094y, im a member of the music soc, theyre not particularly active at the mo unfortunately, me and several other musicians are planning to campaign for a proper rehersal space, well see what happens like. thanks again lads, sound

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Contact the guys at 091 labs

JJayoo wrote: »
    Contact the guys at 091 labs
    Who or what is 091 labs?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Malice_ wrote: »
    Who or what is 091 labs?
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=091+labs

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Heh, thanks for that. I probably should just have said to JJayoo to put more information in their post.

Advertisement