Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that Skangers do

• 06-10-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

1) Claim Free Dole
    2) Drink lots of Dutch Gold and Bavaria
    3) Always wear tracksuits and nike runners (for every occasion)
    4) Buy 20-John player blue
    5) Answer questions with "WHAAAA?" and if you eyeball them by accident "WHAAAT ARE YUUU LOOOKING AAAT?"
    6) Go out to Santa Ponsa every year (their taste of "foreign culture" of course)
    7) Get €150 off the Community Welfare Office for their clothing allowance. Spend €140 on the latest pair of Nike Airs and spend the other €10 on a pair of fags.
    8) Break into houses

Continue the list!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

gin for higgins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

€10 for a pair of fags is pretty steep bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Drive 15+ year old 22nd hand Honda Civics with dodgy bodykits and lopsided steering

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CorkMan wrote: »

Reebok Classics, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

9) compile pointless lists

oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Claim Free Dole

As opposed to Dole that you have to pay for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Use the phrase "deadly buzz" whilst off their heads on Es listening to techno music that hasn't changed since the mid 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Yeah, if you paid your tax when you had a job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

GOB onto the pavements - filthy creatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Dress up on Sunday in their best tracksuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

2) €10 on a pair of fags.

Thats a bargain if your into that kinda thing

http://www.samesexmarriage.ca/images/advocacy/LondonPride/LondonFreePress.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Say mass on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Well a lot of people would have worked before claiming the dole. Skanger never worked before. (Of course, excluding "employment" on the side)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Wassit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Matching trackies for Mam and Dad while pushing baby Anto Junior in the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Ruu wrote: »
    Matching pyjamas for Mam and Dad while pushing baby Anto Junior in the pram.

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Use the phrase "deadly buzz" whilst off their heads on Es listening to techno music that hasn't changed since the mid 90s.

Its been along time since people called them Es and techno music is far different nowadays .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Once saw two skangers shouting at each other at the back of the bus about 10 years ago.They were fighting over kit kat and yorkie bars.It goes like this:

skanger1:WHHAAA deh fcuk!! why did ya get a yorrrrkie ,I told ya not tah do dah! I told ya to get a kit kat ya fukkin' eijit

Skanger2: AHHH im bleedin' sorrreeyyyy ,I didn't know did oi?

skanger1: NOW warrr are we gonna doooo?

Turns out ,about 10 years ago they stopped using tin foil in yorkie bars and the 2 scumbags had nothing to burn their gear on!:pac:

Very funny to listen to at the time ,just sad though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Its been along time since people called them Es and techno music is far different nowadays .

Pils and tunes I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

1) Claim Free Dole
    Check (although you are hardly going to pay for your dole :confused:)
    Check on bavaria:D
    Runners unless im going to a function of some sort or nightclub. I dont own a tracksuit
    Check :cool:
    5) Answer questions with "WHAAAA?" and if you eyeball them by accident "WHAAAT ARE YUUU LOOOKING AAAT?"
    I usually say sorry if i fail to hear the 1st time :(
    6) Go out to Santa Ponsa every year (their taste of "foreign culture" of course)
    Just once :D
    7) Get €150 off the Community Welfare Office for their clothing allowance. Spend €140 on the latest pair of Nike Airs and spend the other €10 on a pair of fags.

Never knew you could get clothing allowance. I normally frequent H&M though. What a place :D
    8) Break into houses
    No :(

So i must be semi skangery if that counts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

No matter what or where you work at, threaten to get onto Joe Duffy if they arent happy or if you don't meet their ludicrous demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

My list of accom...accomplis...things ive done

1) Claim Free Dole
    8) Break into houses
    9) Eat batter burgers
    10) kill whover stole me list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You're leaving out the worst thing that skangers do......Breed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Their sisters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Give me a skanger everyday over a freeloading catholic priest, (bar the rare exceptions), who freeload off their communities, drink all their whiskey, rape their children and are FA use to any one in a crisis situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Sea Sharp wrote: »

Skangers are coke and Tiesto my friend, dont think E's and :)90's dance:) was as skangery as the crap they get up to today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

knird evol wrote: »
    Wassit ?

Hwah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

skipz wrote: »
    Skangers are coke and Tiesto my friend, dont think E's and :)90's dance:) was as skangery as the crap they get up to today.
    Yeah noticed that me and all me friends take yokes even though its all BZP now but i still have to try even if every one tells me , then have to cope with that weird BZP . I hate coke its really for yuppy types and knackers imo.
    Im not adverse to doing things you say skangers do ie drinking dutch and taking yokes.

Anyone notice that skangers love sitting on walls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Darlughda wrote: »
    Give me a skanger everyday over a freeloading catholic priest, (bar the rare exceptions), who freeload off their communities, drink all their whiskey, rape their children and are FA use to any one in a crisis situation.

Someeeeeeeeeeeeebody got fiddled by a priest....or has had alot of his whiskey consumed by priests - either way you've got baggage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Their sisters

Everyone knows that's a cultchie phenomenom!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Film their mate jumping into the Liffey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Their sisters

lol..........so true too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try to grow moustaches at 15 thinking they're gona get served in the offie.Get aggressive and wonder why the doormen won't let them into niteclubs-"jaysus bud do you know how much this tracksuit and runners cost me?"
    Has anybody noticed the 'skanger walk'?-they look like they're about to sh1t themselves or are wearing runners 3 sizes too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

vote for labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

1.drink bottles of miller
    2.smoke benson and hedges
    3.have a mullet
    4.wear nike air max no other runner will do.(i do own a pair they are comfy i must say):)
    5.smoke weed all day every day(gulity of that one occasionaly too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

zerks wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed the 'skanger walk'?-they look like they're about to sh1t themselves or are wearing runners 3 sizes too small.

TRUE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Wear as many gold chains and as much Celtic FC clothing as is possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Has anybody noticed the 'skanger walk'?-they look like they're about to sh1t themselves .

:pac:"Its the side effects of the gear man":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thats like the old joke...

Q; Why do they keep racing pigeon's in Ballymun...

A; to teach their children how to walk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

There's a great scene in Pjamma Girls where a bunch of kids from the flats are hanging round outside and one of them sees someone he knows accross the road and shouts:

"Story horse"

Cinema cracked up :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Robus

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Drive 15+ year old 22nd hand Honda Civics with dodgy bodykits and lopsided steering
    ........and put a four letter word starting with T and ending with I on the roof.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

1. Steal everything that isn't nailed down, they'd suck the milk out of your tea!
    2. Trying to sell you expensive stuff (Cars, computers, stereos) at a suspiciously cheap price, refusing to take no as a fùckin' answer. The computers are usually just full of bottles of water or sand. :pac:
    3. Walk around with a limp and a bawld head on them as if they could bate a UFC fighter with their bare hands but in reality they'd knife you with a spoon, given half the chance..............and then probably steal your shoe laces.
    4. Get prescription drugs off the doctor and then sell them off, if not gobble them down themselves.
    5. Pissing in letterboxes.
    6. Trying to sell you hash/coke/pills and when you say no they ask you where they can buy some.
    7. Spitting the biggest globule of phlem onto the path
    8. Tearing off fuse box doors off the side of a house so they can skin up.
    9. Going to a chipper / takeaway and shouting abuse at the foreigners behind the counter while waiting for their food................probably explains why they're always coughing up phlem :pac:
    10. Usually own big breed dogs like pitbulls or rottweiler purely on the basis that it makes them look "'ard" or "dangerous"
    11. Bad attempts at keeping a low profile when there's bench warrants out for them (Going to niteclubs and battering the first guy they bump into)
    12. Usually have a bag or 2 of coke stuffed up their arses.
    13. Wear a baseball cap at a physically impossible angle............somehow they manage to stay on during windy days.
    14. Pretend they're Tony Montana but end up quoting Goodfellas when they mean Scarface.
    15. Usually listen to some awful euro-trash dance music that always has that chipmunk voice singing the lyrics from an old 80's pop song.
    16. Know the local Gardaì on first name terms.
    17. Can posess a car for no more than a week until they smash it into a wall, wearing no seatbelt, and leaving it a complete write off but somehow they walk away from it with a tiny scratch on their finger.
    18. Cheap "gold" necklaces that just leave green marks on their necks.

Goddamn scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimmytnin

Worst I've seen is those girls in their pjamma bottoms, and the more the scanger the worse they look!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

walk around town,with hands stuffed into their in tracksuit bottoms
    holding their bollix as if somebody is going to steal them...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

which town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

knird evol wrote: »
    which town

I love it when country folk get offended when Dub's use the word TOWN :D

anyway! in legit answer to your question all of them unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yer ma

wear celtic tops n tight buzzcuts.

read biggie small's biography.

start threads like this. then kick back n let the gophers take care of it, guaranteed responses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Echospace

Slow down the evolutionary processes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Say "Gerruupp ye little rocket" - 5m 07 sec in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

breed at a rate that make rabbits look like slack amateurs, then name the resulting offspring after failed X-Factor contestants?

• Advertisement
Advertisement