Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Prices

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello all
    My local dentist told me yesterday that I need 9 fillings each costing 100 quid each. Would it be cheaper to go up north? Does anyone know the prices there or any dentisits that'll do it MUCH cheaper than that?

Any advice is much appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Are they on your front teeth or back?, are they all white or are they silver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mcgovern56

They're on my back teeth and are silver. Does it make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Yes, a small occlusal cavity on the biting surface is quite quick to fill with amalgam and not too expensive, a large multisurface filling takes longer, more clinical time needed, more costs incurred, a large composite (white) filling takes longer again and materials are more expensive. All fillings are not the same price, even in the North, that is why all clinics have price ranges rather than set prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Depends on how much a 4 days holidays are worth to you and 400 euro in fuel or travel? I am sure the dentist will give you a small discount if you have several done at the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fiedor

You can ask about prices ***mnod edit no names allowed** . She has good prices

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH8eRLhhs-loABR2chQF2aTsdNi6C_Q1Pc5gPDoUTP8PCbj0Q&t=1&usg=__xaKCwZzCPVQpUt3wcsCQXrzKTOg=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Depends on how much a 4 days holidays are worth to you and 400 euro in fuel or travel? I am sure the dentist will give you a small discount if you have several done at the one time.
    why do you need to take 4 days holiday to go to northern ireland and we are not all dentists so us mere mortals drive cars that that can go all the way up north and back for under 400 yoyos what are you driving up there a merc AMG 6.3 pulling your boat
    Re-edited to show original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Depends on how much a 4 days holidays are worth to you and 400 euro in fuel or travel?

The length of time and the costs of travel are dependent on where the op is located. I have not seen him/her give a location yet? Therefore we cannot assume a certain level of costs or time will be involved ...Also, if you check on the link below you might also find dentists in N.I who are open late at night and possibly Saturday....

http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/northern-ireland

9 fillings will take several appointments. You have to factor in the journey and very strong sterling. Attacking me wont change the fact that fillings are not cheaper in the north. If the op want to go and find that out first hand its a free world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Have you looked at the***edit no names*** clinics and also I got a flyer in the door that the ***no names*** clinics are doing dental now - both were lower than €100 for silver fillings. Some ***no names** plans also provide basic dental cover that will give you a few quid back.

I am dreading going to the dentist... have not been in 10 years and need to go soon as I have got a few aches recently. At a minimum I am going for a check up and polish, and think that was about €70 in ***no names**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Attacking me wont change the fact that fillings are not cheaper in the north.

I was very careful not to attack you. I questioned what you had said, and, logically questioned how you had drawn conclusions from the amount of information that was available. My comments, when seen in the context of Boards.ie being a discussion forum, are, in my opinion, reasonable. You were the one who introduced the personal aspect to the discussion which in the context of their being no personal attack is hard to understand. I can understand Irish dentists wanting to defend their market share, services and prices etc...but equally we must allow a reasonable level of debate.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

I think fitz was referring to the comment by derealbadger. Lets all calm down please.

Advertisement