Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

M1 SERVICES

• 06-10-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

the M1 services have opened in north Dublin,may of be of use to some of you as a stop over or rest area if your up this way
    i have see lots of vans using it since it opened some overnighting,
    the south bound one is only 25 min from dublin port

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

the M1 services have opened in north Dublin,may of be of use to some of you as a stop over or rest area if your up this way

There is another one jsut south of Dundalk on the M1 too...both sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

lock your doors if going in ther you might have visitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lock your doors if going in ther you might have visitors

on what experience to you base this quote the thing only been open a few weeks,??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Is it a petrol station??

• Advertisement

Seems t be good feedback in this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68239632

Wouldn't fancy it myself though as overnight parking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Passed by yesterday, diesel at €1.21 which is quite good. Around my way its anywhere between €1.25 and €1.28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

on what experience to you base this quote the thing only been open a few weeks,??

Do you even need to ask this question??
    Please do NOT park in public / busy areas at night without your door handles either strapped securely or a large angry looking dog beside you in the motorhome. Believe me, been there - didnt do that - got the fright of our lives and got fleeced.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

muint wrote: »
    Do you even need to ask this question??
    Please do NOT park in public / busy areas at night without your door handles either strapped securely or a large angry looking dog beside you in the motorhome. Believe me, been there - didnt do that - got the fright of our lives and got fleeced.....

sorry you had a bad experience but not all of us use campsites and yes a motorway service station would not be my first choice for a overnight but some times needs must
    or even if your passing in the day lots of room to maneuver a large motor home for refuelling or get the kids a Burger

but its a bit of a generalization saying its not a safe place,my rule is if it doesnt feel right move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

This discussion is on the M1 services, nobody on here has said that it's not a safe place to park up for the night.

Exercise caution whenever parked in public, take the necessary precautions and as pointed out if it doesn't feel right move on.

We'll stick to the topic of the M1 services here. If necessary we can start a new topic on the Safety of our motorway service stations, that's when we get a few more built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Was in the M1 service station at about 8pm on Fri last (more nothern of the 2). Fab venue to pull in and grap a cup of coffee etc. The kids decided that they "needed" BurgerKing" (again on campus)......unfortunately, BurgerKing was open for only a week and the staff were still in "training"......wasnt the best of experinces but I will say that the staff realy tried......give them a few weeks and they will have it down to a fine art. I definately will stop there again

Stopped for fuel at the Lusk M1 service on Sunday.......made the mistake of going to the truck side of the refuelling area.......seemingly you need a fuel card to avail of that side :(

Got back to the "car" side, fueled for 121.8c/L

Just a slight word of warning......the spead bumps/ramps int he carpark on the south bound one (Lusk) are very high.......I didnt have any problems but anybody with a slightly low slung "grey" tank might have problems........didnt have this problem on the more northernly north bound one

Service with a smile.......cant ask for more that that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Just noticed yesterday that the N4 services at Enfield have also opened which might be of use to some. Diesel prices also seem quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tibia

On the subject of fuel prices (and I notice another thread about fuel consumption further up) I can recommend www.pumps.ie to anybody who is interested in getting the best prices. Normally when on a trip in the camper I would check out the best place to fill up along the route I was taking. A difference of even 5c per litre when buying 70 plus equates to €3.50 - another three litres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Spotted Diesel @119.9 in Topaz Fermoy yesterday, Johnstown/Urlingford which are normally competitive were 121.9/l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

When I passed the services yesterday my first reaction was, why one each side of the m'way. Surely one, connected by an existing overbridge or interchange as is is often seen elsewhere in Europe, would have halved the development cost. It would also provided better value to those using the facility as by doubling the footfall it should enable better value pricing and better profits for the operator :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

sorry you had a bad experience but not all of us use campsites and yes a motorway service station would not be my first choice for a overnight but some times needs must
    or even if your passing in the day lots of room to maneuver a large motor home for refuelling or get the kids a Burger

but its a bit of a generalization saying its not a safe place,my rule is if it doesnt feel right move

Your post doesnt make sense to me. All that was said is to lock up well if you overnight there, which is very obvious advice and even if the place is only a day open it should still be taken on board that you should lock/secure your vehicle.

Anyway,
    The fuel doesnt seem to be at crazy prices compared to most local garages. Its a good addition to the M1 though I wonder why it was so late in the making, the M4 service stations too. All this toll money being spend and no places to have a bit of a pitstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

At long last a services station on the motor ways Ireland needs more it would make traveling from one end of Ireland to the other end a lot easier as you don't have to come of the motor way drive for ages in a town to find a small petrol stations that only sells stale bread and have no bathroom. I drove in England last year on holiday i went all over the place and i found the service stations a great help just turn of and bingo you have it all Toilet Food Fuel Showers the lot now I'm saying Ireland's bad place to drive but i think there is room for improvement on the motorway networks also will they put up better signs to let you know when the motorway end the M18 is a good one there is only one little sign that lets you know when the motorway ends now if your doing 70mph it is a little bit hard to see and if its raining it almost impossible to see.

Advertisement