Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Photos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

The first shot would have been really nice without the hand, I find it
    intrusive in the photograph and takes away from the cat, the second is better a low angle is good but keep an eye on the background, uncluttered is best and slightly out of focus so f2.8 to f5.6 or thereabouts, third is nice and sharp I would be tempted to crop right in to reduce the surrounds slightly, dont reckon on the last shot much, again the hand is in the way maybe try the snake on a branch with a plain backdrop.

All of the above meant kindly please dont take offence, and after all it is only my opinion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

taken kindly many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Hi Milos

Rainbowsend hit the nail on the head! Whereas they certainly don't lack sharpness or correct exposure - try to get the kitten in a nicer background (I know, they are bloody hard work!). A main issue is the make sure the eyes are nicely sharp and for composition try to get either a nice close-up (like the first one minus the hand) or a nice full body shot or just general fuzzy cuteness :o.

The second one does the the least for me, I like the first one best. have a look www.petphotography.ie or www.shootmydog.ie, there are some fine examples there. Again, to confirm Rainbowsend, try the get the background more faded out by using a lower F number.

Here's the best I could get them:
    4474E7322E614F02B5D250DFBF7A6E27-240.jpg

23ECC08315994A7F9B3260D26EA09EF0-240.jpg

All in all, they're not bad at all, just keep snapping away at the fuzzy cutie (and the snake but I don't like snakes :rolleyes:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Is the first already cropped? If not i'd be tempted to go back and re-crop it straighter, [providing you don't lose anymore of her/his[?] ears] I'd probably have a go at upping the contrast too [which would probably darken kitty, but fill light might counter that]

Not sure how much of a crop you'd get away with on the third, but looks like it has potential. The backing is way too distracting, kitty is a little lost in the scene. Try a tighter crop around her maybe?

Advertisement