Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterford suir valley railway

Options
  • 06-10-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

anyone see the write up in the news & star on the w.s.v.r.
    they had a great season & are hoping to eventualy bring the line into waterford city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I hope that makes it even more successful and then they extend the other side to Tramore!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

i doubt if they will ever get the tramore line back.
    the track has been taken up , its all over grown & in places you cant even see where it ran.
    pity as i have travelled on that train in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'd love to see it come into the city, I think that would make it a better and more accessible attraction.

The halloween trips are great and very well run and would frighten the bejaysus out of plenty of children :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

hey deisemum its a long time since i heard the word "bejaysus"
    the screeching of the children on the holloween trains can be quiet deafening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 kimmybobkim

what the chances of a tram or train type system that would run from tramore into the city, a stop at the city centre, a stop at the college and a stop in the industrial estate, it would make it so handy for commuters for work and study and of course people from the city coming out to tramore for the day in the summer and weekends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement