Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Someone Photos- now what?

Options
  • 06-10-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Recently I found a camera card and had a look to see if I could identify potential owners ( though it may be neighbours). Anyway I dont recognise anyone on the pics but now I am wondering what to do.
    It looks like it was from a teenagers camera, lots of pics of teens, some have uniforms on so I can possibly locate them via that. Now what i am thinking is that there are some pics on here that parents may not be too happy with (drinking/slutty dressing etc) and the pics look like they are of a load of friends. The teens are young maybe 14-15.
    So should i destroy it (only I have seen it) or try to get it back to the teens or try to get it back to the parents? or what?
    Never been in this situation before!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Hand the lost property into a Garda station with details of when/where it was found.

Holding onto it could get you labelled a thief.

Destroying it is destruction of private property...also an offence.

The contents of the camera are not your concern really so long as there is nothing illegal (in which case, report it to the Gardai)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I found a camera once and handed it into the Gardai.
    They rang me that evening and said that if no-one claimed it within a year it was my property.
    As this was in Kerry and I lived in Dublin they told me to take the camera that evening and if anyone claimed it they would contact me. Nobody rang me to claim it and I used the camera for about 4 years!!

So my advice is to hand it in to the Gardai.
    As CrazyRabbit said, the rest of it is none of your business.

Advertisement