Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varying .ie domain prices

Options
  • 06-10-2010 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

I have just done a quick check on a few sites to see the price of a .ie domain. Why is there such a big range?

Some places are about 70e :eek:. Blacknight seems to be the cheapest at 19.99, followed by register365 at 24.95.

Can a .ie be got for less than 19.99? Why are the prices so different on different sites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's a free market :)

Currently pricing varies from around 19 through to about 150 ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

Crazy stuff.

Since you're here I might as well ask another question. Can a person buy a .ie domain name that is not there name or a variation of their name?

For example: My name is Joe Bloggs but I want to buy penguinsarethebest.ie. Can I do that? Or do I need a company named penguinsarethebest?:pac:

Thanks.

If you have a registered business name you can register either the name or a variation of it.

If the domain you want isn't an exact or close match you would need provide a signed letter explaining why you want that name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you have a registered business name you can register either the name or a variation of it.

If the domain you want isn't an exact or close match you would need provide a signed letter explaining why you want that name

Home come you charge €19 for a .ie for 1 year and €45 for two years? :confused:

cormee wrote: »
    Home come you charge €19 for a .ie for 1 year and €45 for two years? :confused:
    Our current promotion is on 1 year registrations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Blacknight - Is it possible to buy a domain name for somebody else? Say I wanted to buy one for a friend Joe Bloggs, could I buy the domain www.joebloggs.ie?

Renn wrote: »
    Blacknight - Is it possible to buy a domain name for somebody else? Say I wanted to buy one for a friend Joe Bloggs, could I buy the domain www.joebloggs.ie?
    You could, but you'd have to provide their contact details and get the supporting docs to us in the same way that you would if you were registering it yourself
    If you're trying to get the domain as a surprise it might be a bit hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Heh, yep, it might be a surprise for someone so I guess that won't work now. Thanks though.

Well there *might* be another way to do it - email me if you get a chance and I'll explain :)

Advertisement