Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin 09/10/10 Dundrum.

• 06-10-2010 7:16pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

9AM DUNDRUM.

"Glencree Valley"

Dundrum, Enniskerry, Glencree, Powerscourt Waterfall, Enniskerry & Dundrum.

Under the Luas Bridge.
    No more than a couple of hours I reckon.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

^^^
    Weather very good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I'm in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Whats the standard like on these spins (avg speed etc)? How far would that be in total?

Coming back from long term injury and dont want to be holding things up!

We'll ride at an easy pace. You won't be left behind. Dundrum to Dundrum should be about 2 hours or so.

Plan is for an easy pace, but not crawling slow. The pace is all relative to who's out I suppose. Some guys are fast some slow, we'll try to get a balance.
    There's no shame in turning back at any stage.

Cheers for the response. So 15-18mph avg. That sounds about right!

Will try and make it along so!

• Advertisement

No, would struggle with that speed. Fair play to ya! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I will see you there Planet-X and co!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Should be along again. Leaving @ 9.02 I presume? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

At 9am in Dundrum, I shall mostly be about to land in Delhi.
    Weather: Hot.
    Mosquitoes : Terrible.
    Belly : Delhi.
    :)

Don't push it!!!!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Planet X wrote: »
    No, would struggle with that speed. Fair play to ya! :D:D

I'm confused. Who is too fast for who here?
    Might tag along if I can get some clarification!

Don't mind, it's not about speed. Was joking.
    Tag along, the more.........

....even though we'll have a two minute gap on The Taxman.

Sounds like Melbourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

If i get buy off im in, have sunday booked , dont know about saturday though !!! haha

....even though we'll have a two minute gap on The Taxman.

Sounds like Melbourne.

In my state I'll need a two minute head start, you'll reel me in by Lambs Cross and it'll be a bunch sprint into Stepaside. :D

I'm confused. Who is too fast for who here?
    Might tag along if I can get some clarification!

I could be eating my words come 915 tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

going to try and make this... my chances being dependent on whether ireland beat russia or not. im not one to turn down a celebration... like i need an excuse for a few beers on friday :D

mahoo wrote: »
    going to try and make this... my chances being dependent on whether ireland beat russia or not. im not one to turn down a celebration... like i need an excuse for a few beers on friday :D

I have a feeling I will be watching most of the match from behind the sofa or through cupped hands. If we win I won't be going mental, it's "lay off the drink" season.

At this stage in the qualification, I feel we should be beating Russia at home. Nothing to celebrate if we do.

They've had a poor start, Advocat's been saying it's a must win game. More pressure on them than us really.

Most likely a draw though...

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    it's "lay off the drink" season.

thats called january for me.... actually was thinking of moving it to february this year. 4 weeks is plenty!

im feeling nervous about tonight already. lets hope the russians wont be able to cope with the balmy temperature this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

I'm in. The forecast looks good too, 17 to 19 C. Not much happening over my neck of the woods at the moment and I haven't been to wicklow much this year, so I'm looking forward to it.

joker77 wrote: »
    At this stage in the qualification, I feel we should be beating Russia at home. Nothing to celebrate if we do.

They've had a poor start, Advocat's been saying it's a must win game. More pressure on them than us really.

Why hasn't McCarthy from Wigan got a call up? Playing against a side as technically adept as the Russians you don't want to see Green and Whelan chasing shadows for 90 minutes. Someone in the middle who could use the ball would be nice, otherwise I can see this being a big loss. Sure he is only 19, but seeing Wigan last weekend he looks like a good prospect.

I'm going for a 3-1 to Russia, yup! See you all in the morning.

neither team would be disappointed with a draw but i feel we got to get a win if we want to qualify. (and i mean win the group for once!... tired of these playoffs) . think both teams are under pressure to win so hopefully it will be an attacking game. which means plenty of time cupping eyes behind the couch .. then again im nearly always wrong about these things. ireland v italy..0-0 draw of course

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Why hasn't McCarthy from Wigan got a call up? Playing against a side as technically adept as the Russians you don't want to see Green and Whelan chasing shadows for 90 minutes. Someone in the middle who could use the ball would be nice, otherwise I can see this being a big loss. Sure he is only 19, but seeing Wigan last weekend he looks like a good prospect.

I'm going for a 3-1 to Russia, yup! See you all in the morning.
    Bold prediction! Can't see it myself. I'll go for a nil all, or 1 all.

mahoo wrote: »
    neither team would be disappointed with a draw but i feel we got to get a win if we want to qualify. (and i mean win the group for once!... tired of these playoffs) . think both teams are under pressure to win so hopefully it will be an attacking game. which means plenty of time cupping eyes behind the couch .. then again im nearly always wrong about these things. ireland v italy..0-0 draw of course
    We thought the last group would be hard when we saw Italy and Bulgaria, both turned out to be soft and we should have won that group, didn't, should have won the playoff, didn't (because we didn't put away our chances, not bringing the other subject up again).

With this group, we definitely have it in us to win the group, and that's what we should be aiming for. It's time to put up or shut up with this Irish team, that starts with beating the likes of Russia at home.

I'm in. The forecast looks good too, 17 to 19 C. Not much happening over my neck of the woods at the moment and I haven't been to wicklow much this year, so I'm looking forward to it.

Trouble with a capital T. :D:D

Is there a crossed line between the cycling forum and the football one.

Bold prediction! Can't see it myself. I'll go for a nil all, or 1 all.

You can take more heart in the fact I am terrible at score predictions. 125-1 for a 3-1 loss and Arshavin to score first though.

Is there a crossed line between the cycling forum and the football one.

We will need something to talk about tomorrow that isn't along the lines of "What oil goes where" and "triple or compact"....shudder.

• Advertisement

Eh, jersey design?
    :eek:

I've a few questions on winter training and club leagues/racing which I'll throw out if we get a chance :)

Trouble with a capital T. :D:D

:)Not tomorrow. I hung up the guns last week. I'll bring my 12 Kilo handicap with me tomorrow so any breakaways tomorrow will be me off the rear.;)
    17'C here at present, so I'm going to dust down the old hack and take it for a quick spin before morning.

See Y'all then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Im in for this aswell. Provided I get up on time. See you there

9am. LADS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I might try and make this as well. Haven't been out in ages but 50km should be just about doable.

• Advertisement

9am. LADS.

SIrYesSir.jpg:D

Close, so close with my score prediction and match progression. If only I had got the scorer right!

Am I sensing a touch of the Corporal Pyle(s) here lads?

Another lovely spin this morning and the numbers in the group up on last week. Nice to meet some new faces and some familiar ones not seen in a while.
    56k door to door.

Cheers lads - enjoyed that spin, was a nice fresh morning for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Yeah, my legs are sore now but was really glad to get out. Especially on such a nice day. Good to see you all and thanks to PlanetX for organising.

Well done lads. 7 cyclists. Lovely day. Thanks to victorcarerra for coming over from Dunshaughlin for the spin. Good to see you after the Vets season. Long day for you and you're probably doing another 2 hours on the exercise bike to be sure!
    I'm just in the door, first cuppa coffee, 13:45. Damn Dads taxi the minute I got out of the shower. Ah well.

3 hour bike spin for me door to door, nice.

....for The Tax Man who isn't of "up " on Pyle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBBp8rQwsA&feature=related

I just got home now. Avoided the N3 and took the scenic route through Dunboyne and Batterstown. It was one of those rare occasions when the wind was strong enough and in the right direction to push me all the way home from Dublin.
    Cycling in Wicklow is a nice change from the flat spins we normally do over here in Meath. I didn't get any sportives in this year but the route and the company today was as enjoyable as any I have done.
    7 out of 9 turned out.
    Thanks to Planet X for organising and to others for great company.
    135 Km on the clock when I got home and nearly 5hrs 20min in the saddle.

All on an apple aswell. Brilliant!

Advertisement