Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda app problem.

Options
  • 06-10-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

posted my application about a month ago and got a letter in today with an appointment for an interview. theres only one problem. its in Mayo:eek:.
    I didn't expect it to be so far away as im in Donegal. is this usual? or have i fecked up my application in someway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

They wouldn't just give you a random location to do your stage1 interview & report-writing.

Did you put in Mayo as one of your choice of locations? If you want to change your location options, I would suggest you contact Public Jobs Reserve Garda Section and inform them of your situation. I am sure they will assist you if they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

bmw535d wrote: »
    posted my application about a month ago and got a letter in today with an appointment for an interview. theres only one problem. its in Mayo:eek:.
    I didn't expect it to be so far away as im in Donegal. is this usual? or have i fecked up my application in someway?

You may have to travel for your initial interview. Its in no way a reflection of where you would be stationed. Its more about encomies of scale I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

Geansai wrote: »
    You may have to travel for your initial interview. Its in no way a reflection of where you would be stationed. Its more about encomies of scale I guess.

Yes I'm from galway but when I rang them up they were booked out for the interviews there, so I asked was it possible to do the interview elsewhere. As geansai said where you do your interview is no way a reflection where you will be stationed, I made sure to double check this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭eru123

im from mayo and i was given a location in donegal for my interview. Both counties fall under the north west region so they alternate locations every now and again. Days hotel in castebar was used a while back. dunno if its the same....But i rang up and got an earlier interview in longford. They will give you a more convenient location if there is an interview vacancy in that particular region. just give them a ring:)

Advertisement