Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fosters Ice - does it even exist anymore?

• 06-10-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

That lovely beer Fosters Ice - does it even exist anymore? For a while I saw Fosters Twist but that was piss.

Anyone know where this can be bought in Dublin?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Like small pox, there is a small sample of it kept in a lab in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

fosters ice was made by beamish & crawford in cork.

also its long gone, from this country, you might find it up north or on mainland UK

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

We only every imported Fosters Ice in finished form we never brewed it. From memory it was that popular in the UK either.
    It was a nice larger compared to some of the stuff we produced there.

thorpe wrote: »
    We only every imported Fosters Ice in finished form we never brewed it. From memory it was that popular in the UK either.
    It was a nice larger compared to some of the stuff we produced there.

was definitely made on site at the beamish brewery. i have a family member who worked there at the time, and has confirmed that they did brew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

I worked there for 5 years and I never once saw any sight of it and I saw many a strange beer go through the lines. I went through all the brewing, fermentation and Mid-Process recipes on the SCADA and LIMS systems when I was there (as Quality Auditor and Shift QC technician) and its one that I would have remembered if I ever came across it. Same with Fosters Twist (which was shocking in my opinion)
    I only remember seeing both in warehouse thats it.

• Advertisement

I worked there for 5 years and I never once saw any sight of it and I saw many a strange beer go through the lines. I went through all the brewing, fermentation and Mid-Process recipes on the SCADA and LIMS systems when I was there (as Quality Auditor and Shift QC technician) and its one that I would have remembered if I ever came across it. Same with Fosters Twist (which was shocking in my opinion)
    I only remember seeing both in warehouse thats it.

i've been told that they did brew it at some stage.. and this is coming from someone that was in the lab for a good many years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I worked there for 5 years and I never once saw any sight of it ....

I think the clue comes in the very first line ...

Fosters Ice has been long gone from the pubs and it is very possible that anything in the retail since has been imported.

I rember drinking that & Corona 10 posssibly 15years ago in Irish pubs and then it dissappeared ... Fosters may actually could a bit after the first run of Corona though. Corona and becks were some of the trail blazers of the long neck curse ... the the curse turning out to be trendy and over priced.

I also recall somebody mentioned here that they though Bulmers came on the market in the mid 90's ... :D

Thats the danger of forums ... it's all down to peoples experiences and what they think to be true and no offence meant to anybody as god have I been wrong too because of my own convictions but it is so easy to say what you think and not realise that there may have been history precceding you experiece of a certain subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Fosters Ice .................. dear God.... my head.

Used to give me the worst hangovers. For that matter any of those ice beers took a terrible toll.

Advertisement