Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Ritual

Options
  • 06-10-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Does anyone have a daily ritual ? Or one they preform regulary. I was raised with the idea of praying regularly and not just when you need something. Suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

If you saw my thread you'll know that I don't, I'm always coming and going. For you it really is very dependent on what speaks to you. I find something short like a short meditation with a candle can be nice and sweet. Frequently I find myself sitting down with the cards. Feeding an honoured plant, anything really, if it works for you. Have you tried anything? In what way did they not work for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Taking a moment to pause in reflection and pray is done world wide by many,
    it doesn't take that long and it tends ot be what I do, usually with my first cup of coffee of the day. It's been years from when I daily did any of the feri pentacle excerises or the LBRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

I guess I like the idea of banking Brownie points. I was raised to 'pray' regularly and not just when you need/want something

i have found my Gods tend to prefer me on call as it where, it's like a system of favours and daily rote devotions don't tend to cut it with them, but YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

YMMV?

• Advertisement

Your Mileage May Vary.
    Your journey and experience are not mine and what may be the case for me
    may not be the case for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I do. Nightly ritual that basically just tells my Gods that I think they're awesome, thanks for everything. A holdover from my Christian upbringing, I guess. Get very uneasy if I miss it due to exhaustion/drunken stupor :p

Most of my worship is in activity, as in acting out the ideals that the Gods represent. System works for me.

Advertisement