Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 121 - Primetime

• 06-10-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭

Primetime returns to hype up the event. 1st part airs tonight on Spike, should be a few links around for it tomorrow.

Preview below. Looks like Lesnar is rocking a beard for the fight. He hoping for some extra protection against Velasquez's fists??

Edit - Part 1 in the link below:

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=6338

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

:DThis primetime will be absolutely awseome!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

He's such a beast! Will be all over Cain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The bears actually makes him look meaner, which i thought impossible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Really looking forward to Tito v Matt.
    Didn't like the way Tito openly wanted to matty him during TUF3, will make for interesting comments pre fight

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Hope Hamill wins, really like him.. Tito is a character... I think he's alright though.. Bit of an idiot :P

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really don't like Tito. What ever happened to that domestic abuse thing anyway? Anyone know what the odds are like for Lesnar/Cain?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Really don't like Tito. What ever happened to that domestic abuse thing anyway? Anyone know what the odds are like for Lesnar/Cain?

Lesnar : -170
    Velasquez : +150

Around that I think?

Or Brock : 4/7
    Cain : 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Prime time part 1 was interesting. Some interesting clips of the lads training however I've beef with one aspect of it.

At the start the announcer proclaims Cain as a 'knock out artist' which I find a tad rich. Now I know the UFC wanna big up their Latino prospect and I respect that but he's only knocked out Big Nog (an impressive knockout nonetheless). All the rest of his finishes have been by TKO. Just a minor thing.

Brock's still a beast and can't wait for this event!

Here is a link to watch (2 vids, parts 1 & 2)

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=6338

It would be really epic if Cain can win this, would be a lovely mix for the HW div. I really can't see JDS beating Lesnar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

It would be really epic if Cain can win this, would be a lovely mix for the HW div. I really can't see JDS beating Lesnar.

i dont see him winning it, but if he dosent the HW goes a bit stale with no real contenders bar JDS

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i dont see him winning it, but if he dosent the HW goes a bit stale with no real contenders bar JDS

I think the opposite. If Lesnar wins, he has no more competition and will continue his reign atop the HW div with no real challenge. What we need is Carwin to get his cardio sorted and come back for another go.

Funny listening to Cain's jitz coach saying he has a bigger arsenal of weapons, better wrestling, standup, jitzu, etc. Will be a really interesting fight anyway, can't wait for it!

PS. Carwin is to return for UFC 125 on new years. Rumoured to be fighting Nelson.

I think the opposite. If Lesnar wins, he has no more competition and will continue his reign atop the HW div with no real challenge. What we need is Carwin to get his cardio sorted and come back for another go.

Funny listening to Cain's jitz coach saying he has a bigger arsenal of weapons, better wrestling, standup, jitzu, etc. Will be a really interesting fight anyway, can't wait for it!

PS. Carwin is to return for UFC 125 on new years. Rumoured to be fighting Nelson.

eh wasnt that my point? he has no real challange if he beats cain and the HW div goes stale with easy defences for brock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

My money is on Cain. Hes gonna expose Brock in the stand up, like Carwin, but hes not gonna gas in 3 minutes. That being said, if Brock improves / has improved his stand up he could be an unstopable monster in the UFC for some time

TechnoPool wrote: »
    eh wasnt that my point? he has no real challange if he beats cain and the HW div goes stale with easy defences for brock

Ah sorry man, read it wrong, thought you meant if Cain DOES win it. Apologies man.

Would be interested in knowing if Overeem finishes the K1 final in December, how long is left on his SF contract. Coker said he could have stopped Overeem from fighting in K1 gp as Strikeforce has the primary choice of fight for him but he left him do it. I'd say he is sh*tting it that Dana will come along and just start throwing money at him. I'd love to see Overeem have a go a Lesnar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

When I watch Cain fight Kongo, I can't help but think that Lesnar will handle Velasquez's wrestling with little problems, and be able to take his best shots. Then I watch the Nog fight, and I find myself thinking that Lesnar is in trouble. So who knows?

Wacker wrote: »
    When I watch Cain fight Kongo, I can't help but think that Lesnar will handle Velasquez's wrestling with little problems, and be able to take his best shots. Then I watch the Nog fight, and I find myself thinking that Lesnar is in trouble. So who knows?

when the big lads thrown down it can be over in a heart beat, i see this ending early second round or late first for one, large flip of a coin for me, but ill go with brock by GNP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Personally i think cain is goin to mangle brock, his hands are a lot better and to be honest carwin put brock in serious trouble in the first but burnt himself out, u can be sure that wont happen cain, obviously could go either way but my mula is goin on cain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

conor678 wrote: »
    Prime time part 1 was interesting. Some interesting clips of the lads training however I've beef with one aspect of it.

At the start the announcer proclaims Cain as a 'knock out artist' which I find a tad rich. Now I know the UFC wanna big up their Latino prospect and I respect that but he's only knocked out Big Nog (an impressive knockout nonetheless). All the rest of his finishes have been by TKO. Just a minor thing.

You must have lost the head when they claimed Carwin had won all his fights by knockout :pac:

Cain's got the better wrestling. If Brock can't rock Cain then I don't think that he'll be able to take him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

Ah sorry man, read it wrong, thought you meant if Cain DOES win it. Apologies man.

Would be interested in knowing if Overeem finishes the K1 final in December, how long is left on his SF contract. Coker said he could have stopped Overeem from fighting in K1 gp as Strikeforce has the primary choice of fight for him but he left him do it. I'd say he is sh*tting it that Dana will come along and just start throwing money at him. I'd love to see Overeem have a go a Lesnar!

I don't know. Overeem might be afraid of the drug tests in UFC:D I can see Dos Santos being the next opponent for Lesnar after Brock demolishes Velasquez and then we wait for Carwin to get his rematch where he sets things straight. As for Mir I think he might be out of the race altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ScareGilly wrote: »

the lightweight top 10 at 2:10 was surprising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

the lightweight top 10 at 2:10 was surprising

It's an old video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Fozzy wrote: »
    Cain's got the better wrestling. If Brock can't rock Cain then I don't think that he'll be able to take him down

Cain might take him down, but there is no way he'll keep him down. Cain couldn't keep Kongo down (although he took him down at will), and Lesnar is 30 pounds heavier and an awesome wrestler. Even Randy had serious trouble getting Lesnar down, and when he did, Lesnar was almost straight back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wacker wrote: »
    Cain might take him down, but there is no way he'll keep him down. Cain couldn't keep Kongo down (although he took him down at will), and Lesnar is 30 pounds heavier and an awesome wrestler. Even Randy had serious trouble getting Lesnar down, and when he did, Lesnar was almost straight back up.

I agree with this. Thats why i think Cains camp are gonna tell him to keep this fight standing. Cain would be a fool to try and bring this fight to the ground. Sure if there is a glaring opportunity to take Brock down he should go for it, points for the takedown abit of ground and pound, but he shouldnt push it. If Brock gets a reversal while they are on the ground its goodnight Irene!!! Im officially hyped for this card, looks to be a good night of fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

conor678 wrote: »
    TKO stoppage goes on a fighter's record as a win by knock-out. (this is all UFC, boxing, etc)
    Cain is 8-0, 7 by knockout, so calling him a knockout artist is more than acceptable, and in no way a tad rich :rolleyes:
    I agree with this. Thats why i think Cains camp are gonna tell him to keep this fight standing. Cain would be a fool to try and bring this fight to the ground. Sure if there is a glaring opportunity to take Brock down he should go for it, points for the takedown abit of ground and pound, but he shouldnt push it. If Brock gets a reversal while they are on the ground its goodnight Irene!!! Im officially hyped for this card, looks to be a good night of fights
    that's a terrible reason for a take down.
    The fight is 25 minutes long, its very unlikely to go the distance, "points" shouldn't come into his head until the bell goes at the end of the fifth round, the last time a heavyweight title match went to decision was Randy and Silvia at UFC 68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

hey lads, do you know what channel UFC 121 is on live/taped in Ireland? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

jaykhunter wrote: »
    hey lads, do you know what channel UFC 121 is on live/taped in Ireland? Thanks :)
    ESPN

Advertisement