Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Buses

Options
  • 06-10-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whats the story with these things? I'm going to the Republic of Loose thing tomorrow and I dont want to leave at 11 for the last 10.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

I went out last week but went home early because I couldn't find out what the story with late buses was and didn't want to be left abandoned. I hope there is a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

The Luas runs until 1am. Just get it to Windy Arbor and find your way from there. Nitelinks only run on weekends. You can get a taxi back to UCD for about a tenner. The last bus is not until 11.30pm, and curfew for gigs is usually 11pm. There has never been a gig that I have been to which hasn't ended after 11pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How long does it take to walk from Windy Arbour to UCD? It's far enough, it took me and my friend 20 minutes to walk from UCD to Dundrum, I assume Windy Arbour is similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Windy Arbour is slightly nearer to UCD, its near the Mental Hospital; its still a decent trek though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Yeah like is there anyway to get back to town from there? Any buses goin that way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

No they cancelled the late buses because some stupid fúckers were knobbing about drunk on them, leaving gobshítes like me having to leave early every night or risk abandonment. Fúcking ****, if that happens to the 10 they should be shot

"If that happens to the 10" does that mean that the 10 bus brings us to town at night :D ?? So we expected to just kip anywhere ? :O :L

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well the 10 will be gone in 13 days anyway so chances are it won't change in that time!

Is there a nitelink serving UCD? Do they only operate on weekends? I think somebody told me there was a 46N.

I'm going to Chiddy Bang in the Academy on the 20th. I have no idea how I'm going to get back, I don't even know when it's going to end. I have 9am lectures the next day so I don't want to stay out too late!

10 is gone for good??? :O Even during the day .. Like is it just not going to UCD anymore? :O .. Get a taxi :L

MariaBabii wrote: »
    10 is gone for good??? :O Even during the day .. Like is it just not going to UCD anymore? :O .. Get a taxi :L

Yep, the 10 will be finished, which is kinda sad. It's route north of the city will be served by the 46A (which is in fact already doing that, going the whole way to Phoenix Park) and south of the city by the 39A (I think, which probably goes into UCD). The problem is the 39A doesn't go to O'Connell Street only Westmoreland Street which lengthens my walk a bit. I'd be quicker going to the N11 entrance getting a 46A, which is a bit of a pain. The 10 was so convenient, even if it did divert through Baggot Street!

• Advertisement

Timbuk2 where did you hear that? I thought they were keeping it because the SU said we'd cop on..for fúcks sake the one bus that turns up on time and it's gone...wonderful.

The nightlink will only work if you can get INTO TOWN which is now imfúckingpossible thanks to the retardéd messers down the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

There was a 46N when I was in UCD - it stopped at the Merrion, not sure if it would stop on the flyover too.

You would not believe how old I feel saying that. It's not that long ago!

A taxi from town does only cost €10-€12 though - it's cheaper to get a taxi than the vomit comet if there are more than 3 of you, and there are always people heading towards UCD, so it shouldn't ever be a problem to find people to share with, as long as they don't leg it and leave you with the bill...

So what bus can people take if they want to get from UCD to the City Centre now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

So what bus can people take if they want to get from UCD to the City Centre now?
    Yep, the 10 will be finished, which is kinda sad. It's route north of the city will be served by the 46A (which is in fact already doing that, going the whole way to Phoenix Park) and south of the city by the 39A (I think, which probably goes into UCD). The problem is the 39A doesn't go to O'Connell Street only Westmoreland Street which lengthens my walk a bit. I'd be quicker going to the N11 entrance getting a 46A, which is a bit of a pain. The 10 was so convenient, even if it did divert through Baggot Street!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

If there was ever a reason to have a party, it would be for the 10's last departure to the great bus lane in the sky.

Slower than the 46a or the 145,but always got you in the front door.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement