Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Coke.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mossychica

in my humble opinion the we the students will suffer as prices of soft drinks will rise with the lack of competition. who is really going to benifit?? not us. back-hander springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

No backhanders involved, it's an front up payment for exclusivity. Whether it's a good thing for the campus is a different matter though and I don't like the precedent set...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

/Unzombiefies thread

Did anyone see the Observer article (Front Page) about Coca Cola? It was a bit of a non-story, but it basically said that in spite of the Britvic deal, there are some vending machines around campus that still stock Coca Cola. It doesn't say where!

Is this true? I know it was true up to a point, i.e. you could find it in the Restaurant and in the Science Building vending machines (not anymore, as far as I know).

On a separate note
    2 x 2L Coke for €3 in both Spar Foster's Avenue / Roebuck Road and Tesco.
    Also, Tesco Dundrum were doing 2 x 500ml bottles for €2 yesterday (Monday) - it was advertised as a deal but I always thought they were €1 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well, either it is or they're liars. Think Elements might still be selling coke products, though I may be wrong.

If places are selling coke still, it's shocking behaviour by the college. Hope they don't get stung for breach of contract by Britvic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Raphael wrote: »
    Well, either it is or they're liars. Think Elements might still be selling coke products, though I may be wrong.

If places are selling coke still, it's shocking behaviour by the college. Hope they don't get stung for breach of contract by Britvic.

elements still sell lucosade and powerade afaik... no proper coke though

on a slightly related topic, the su shops are still charging 1 euro for hot water. not impressed with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Did anyone see the Observer article (Front Page) about Coca Cola? It was a bit of a non-story, but it basically said that in spite of the Britvic deal, there are some vending machines around campus that still stock Coca Cola. It doesn't say where!

The Observer have lost all respect from me for that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There shouldn't be any respect for them to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Beleive the part of the article where it says "health sciences" and "sports centre" roughly describes where the Coke is being sold.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

errlloyd wrote: »
    Beleive the part of the article where it says "health sciences" and "sports centre" roughly describes where the Coke is being sold.

Probably should have read it in more detail. It's in the bin now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Still have it in the Sports Centre afaik, I was kind of tired walking out but I'm pretty sure I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Interestingly, it seems after the article had been published all coke products from the vending machine in Health Sciences have been removed over night. Yesterday you could still get coke, diet coke and fanta cans. Today it's just stocked with sweets and some red bull cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Preusse wrote: »
    Interestingly, it seems after the article had been published all coke products from the vending machine in Health Sciences have been removed over night. Yesterday you could still get coke, diet coke and fanta cans. Today it's just stocked with sweets and some red bull cans.

The deal is not "anti-coke" in the same way the ban was, the deal is for Brtvic exclusivity, so there shouldn't be red bull either...

Mind you, anyone taken a look behind the bar in the student bar recently. Stocked up with loads of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

its probably easier to get the non-liquidy coke in ucd then the good stuff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alwaysanon

unknown13 wrote: »
    The Observer have lost all respect from me for that article.

I thought it was a really good story actually. I mean it's news, and it's juicy news :P

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

Sports Center vending machines.

Advertisement