Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get a 2nd hand cast iron fireplace

Options
  • 06-10-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭

Mr just needs to find a replacement 16" opening cast-iron fireplace (the inside bit where the flames go) for someone.

He used to get stuff like this from a guy on Forster St, but that yard doesn't seem to be open any more.

We tried looking on adverts.ie (and one or two other on-line places), but there don't seem to be many of them sold there. And he'd rather deal with someone locally rather than on-line, but is short on ideas where to look these days.

So I said I'd try asking here ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

No idea if they would have what you are looking for but I seen this place on circular road the other day.

http://www.salvagegallery.net/

At the very least that might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

I think the guy in Forster st and circular road are one in the same - at least he was when we bought our fireplace .....7 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

McDonagh's in Ballybane will surely have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

JustMary wrote: »
    Mr just needs to find a replacement 16" opening cast-iron fireplace (the inside bit where the flames go) for someone.

He used to get stuff like this from a guy on Forster St, but that yard doesn't seem to be open any more.

We tried looking on adverts.ie (and one or two other on-line places), but there don't seem to be many of them sold there. And he'd rather deal with someone locally rather than on-line, but is short on ideas where to look these days.

So I said I'd try asking here ...

Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you're looking for an old one try Tolco Antiques on the Headford Road (751146), or Gallerai Beag on Flood Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There's a guy called Eamon Forde in Kilchreest near Loughrea who reconditions old cast iron things, fireplaces being one of them, He might be able to sort you out. It's been a while since I dealt with him but I assume he is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

thanks all, he'll follow those up.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Ebay.

Great idea. Imagine how much the postage would be :)

Advertisement