Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working part time and claiming jobseekers allowance

• 06-10-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello, I have just been let go from my job but have been offered a part time position from my previous employers who I used to work full time for. Am I entitled to claim job seekers allowance for the days that I do not work? And if so how do I go about this. It would be my first time on the social welfare.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

yeah you can, go to the dole office-they sort it for you,your employer fills out the initial form and employee fills in dockets,and returns it to the dole office.(i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

Thanks for the reply. I'll call into the dole office over the coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

yes you can - my hubbie does, but I have his tax credits as I work full time - he pays E100 Paye, and gets E98 job seekers benefit....strange system!:confused:

Wilde86 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I'll call into the dole office over the coming days.

nay boher-dole virgin meself...first time ever-15yrs working full time,what a kick in the balls.

chin up-be polite-be firm- and queue queue queue...eventually it'll work out for ya.

i've applied for over 800 jobs since February...

it comes down to how little you'll work for i'm afraid:mad:

hence the reason i'm on casua work,,

Ugh. Glum to say the least but at least the people in my previous job that have rehired me as part time are good people and I really like them.
    I heard that one can only work certain days of the week to be considered for the job seekers allowance. Is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

You are allowed work up to 3 days per week to qualify for any jobseekers allowance payment on top of it. You will be paid for the remaining 3 days or over depending on your specific circumstances. The current rate is 196EUR per week so around 32EUR per day.

Wilde86 wrote: »
    Ugh. Glum to say the least but at least the people in my previous job that have rehired me as part time are good people and I really like them.
    I heard that one can only work certain days of the week to be considered for the job seekers allowance. Is that true?

yeah, forgot bout that actually....:o

any more than 3 days and you don't qualify.

and thats JB... not JA.

EDIT: Trixie ;)

benefit/allowance.

allowance is means tested-benefit is your entitlement.

always get the 2 confused

always get the 2 confused

ditto... ;)

Ya, I knew that it was a maximum of three days but I heard that it was only particular days that one could work ie. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays. Any truth to this?

• Advertisement

my hours/days vary every week and i've never had any issue so i'm guessing that's not the case

Advertisement