Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traceys Hotel. Waterford

• 06-10-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

What do ye know about Days Hotel aka The Bridge Hotel changing names to Traceys Hotel.

Why did Days sell it?

Who are the new owners?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Days is like a hotel franchise name, like a Best Western, Hilton, Quality Hotel etc. There is no change of ownership, it's just that the owners (Treacy's) decided for whatever reason to leave the Days franchise. It happened a few years ago - Waterford Marina Hotel used to be Marina Quality Hotel or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Thanks P.

you'd wonder why they would leave the franchise or if they were made leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

The latter wouldnt surprise me in the slightest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Tom Treacy possibly wants to create a bit of continuity, their hotel in enniscorthy is called Treacy's Hotel. So that could be why.

wouldn't surprise me if we saw The Grand Hotel in Tramore being changed to Treacy's Hotel either since they own that too.

Being part of the franchise may not have been worth the cost involved.

(On a side note:)

There was a Quality hotel in wexford also, but left the franchise after only being open a couple of years. It's now The Maldron Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bit pointless if you ask me,

I certainly wouldn't stay somewhere in a city based on a franchise name ya know? Id say the majority if people these just google hotels in Waterford and puck the best option for them.

Maybe I'm wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Professionals who spend a lot of bed nights on the road DO swear by a brand name. Its why they came into existence really, the USA is where this all began as the weary traveller looked for a name and an assumed standard he could rely on. I imagine deals can also be struck with chains if enough nights are involved (open to correction on that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Branded hotels have to maintain certain standards to remain within the brand. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ Jesus tell that to Jurys beside the O2 in Dublin :)

But ya I'd say your right, it wouldn't bother me but I'm cheap.....

Ledger wrote: »
    Tom Treacy possibly wants to create a bit of continuity, their hotel in enniscorthy is called Treacy's Hotel. So that could be why.

wouldn't surprise me if we saw The Grand Hotel in Tramore being changed to Treacy's Hotel either since they own that too.

Being part of the franchise may not have been worth the cost involved.

(On a side note:)

There was a Quality hotel in wexford also, but left the franchise after only being open a couple of years. It's now The Maldron Hotel.

Jim, Tom has the Grand in Tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ledger wrote: »

The Maldrons and Qualitys are the same group (which also include the Clarions). For some reason they decided to rebrand some of the Quality hotels as Maldrons.

• Advertisement

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Jim, Tom has the Grand in Tramore

my bad

Pretty sure if one called theirs black, the others would be called white

dudara wrote: »
    The Maldrons and Qualitys are the same group (which also include the Clarions). For some reason they decided to rebrand some of the Quality hotels as Maldrons.

waste of money IMHO.

I would imagine the cost of completely re-branding a hotel, let alone a range of hotels, would be very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I heard there were undesirables let in when it was Days....is this going to change now!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Jim and Tom had big falling out many years ago, he def wouldnt change to the same name!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭DjBryn

dj'd down there a few yrs back ,good for the session :) but had to wait a while to eventually get paid:(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

days were asking for too much money a month around the ten thousand euro
    mark if i remember correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Days have been rebranded as Aspect hotels. There is a thread about it in Bargain alerts offering cheap nights in Days in Kilkenny and up in Parkwest up in Dublin. I think it's €20 for the night or something.

Advertisement