Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV HD 2

• 06-10-2010 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

For those of you in the North or that has a Sky UK card.

ITV2 HD in testing - Starts tomorrow.

Astra 2A (28.2E) - 11758.00 H DVB-S2 (QPSK) - 29500 3/4
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Manc-Red wrote: »
    For those of you in the North or that has a Sky UK card.

ITV2 HD in testing - Starts tomorrow.

Astra 2A (28.2E) - 11758.00 H DVB-S2 (QPSK) - 29500 3/4

Is this ITV2 in HD or a new ITV channel in HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

ITV 2 in HD. Launches tomorrow. Is a pay channel so only those with a UK sub will be able to receive. Won't work on ROI subscription cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

It's working on my ROI card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

denis1501 wrote: »

29500 how do you get this into the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Unfortunately you can't, I'm not using a Sky HD box, I'm using a VU+ Duo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That's interesting. Channels such as this are usually blocked, like Channel 4 HD or 5HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Unfortunately you can't, I'm not using a Sky HD box, I'm using a VU+ Duo.
    Will they switch from 29500 when they transmit on a regular basis and the SKY HD box will receive the channel as per ITV 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I thought it launched last night at 8pm... [in the UK]. Another service / channel Sky Ireland customers are subsidising (€15/month HD pack!) but not receiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

JDxtra wrote: »
    I thought it launched last night at 8pm... [in the UK]. Another service / channel Sky Ireland customers are subsidising (€15/month HD pack!) but not receiving.

It's Tv3 that's blocking it being put on the EPG, we should all bycot this rubbish channel. But a fair point about us paying the HD sub, I never thought of it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have an Irish card and a UK FSFS card and ITV2 HD clears on my irish card but not on the uk card... should the UK card clear it?

• Advertisement

big_moe wrote: »
    i have an Irish card and a UK FSFS card and ITV2 HD clears on my irish card but not on the uk card... should the UK card clear it?

No, you need an active HD sub on the card to receive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

JDxtra wrote: »
    No, you need an active HD sub on the card to receive it.

Interesting if ITV are making this a subcription channel like E4 HD rather than an FTV channel like Five HD and Ch4 HD. Big departure considering they are fully FTA on all their channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

slegs wrote: »
    Interesting if ITV are making this a subcription channel like E4 HD rather than an FTV channel like Five HD and Ch4 HD. Big departure considering they are fully FTA on all their channels.

ITV3 HD, and ITV4HD going live soon as well as Sky exclusives. According to Adam Crozier "the numbers add up". I saw a very interesting interview recently where he said he could envisage a situation whereby ITV's topline shows, like Coronation Street, might premiere on one of their suite of HD subscription channels and then appear on the free to air version the next night.

It's an interesting strategy as for existing Coronation Street viewers it means little change but it gives ITV huge leverage with live shows like X Factor - no one is going to do a "Likely Lads" on a national event like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

evilivor wrote: »
    I saw a very interesting interview recently where he said he could envisage a situation whereby ITV's topline shows, like Coronation Street, might premiere on one of their suite of HD subscription channels and then appear on the free to air version the next night.

I would be surprised to see this happen especially with the likes of the X Factor. ITV make a fortune from text voting. They will not sacrifice that income. It would be madness for them to do so especially when it will be a handful who would benefit. The only winners in such a scenario would be Sky and Virgin Media.

These media companies need to realise that not everyone has HD, wants HD or even have the equipment to watch HD.

slegs wrote: »

It's all to do with money. ITV want part of that huge £10/€15 per month HD subscription pot. Sky want exclusives. Everybody in TV land is happy... except for the poor end user! :)

reboot wrote: »
    Will they switch from 29500 when they transmit on a regular basis and the SKY HD box will receive the channel as per ITV 1?
    Stupid boy! ITV2 HD is on channel 225,put it in your favourites and ask another stupid question.
    OK Any sign of BBC1 going HD in Oct as promised?
    I'll find out and get back to you,meanwhile good to talk to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Stupid boy! ITV2 HD is on channel 225,put it in your favourites and ask another stupid question.

When you know an answer to a question its always easy to slag off people who don't.

Isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Incorrect post. Deleted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

No need to call anyone Stupid, Reboot! You have been warned!

marclt wrote: »
    No need to call anyone Stupid, Reboot! You have been warned!

When i read it first i thought the same and commented. Then deleted as i think he is calling himself the "stupid boy" He quotes his own question.

I stand corrected..

• Advertisement

When you know an answer to a question its always easy to slag off people who don't.

Isn't it.
    Sorry sorry sorry,this was the law of unintended consequences entering.
    I was replying to my own post ,not the one above.(8 posts before)
    I asked what appeared to me to be such a silly question that no one even
    acknowledged it.
    Just to check,I then switched the HD box on and low,there was ITV 2 HD,to my surprise,and the question was answered.(N.I. card).
    Its odd the broadcaster does'nt flag up a new service ,new to HD that is.
    I'm sure they may do,I just don't know where to find it,but that begs the question,should I have to search?
    Sorry again,didn't intend any offence,will be more careful in future,and less Witty?"

Hey life goes on m8. :)

What receiver are you on?

Hey life goes on m8. :)

What receiver are you on?
    Amstrad.
    Finding it difficult to reply to threads,is the system very busy or is it finger trouble on my part?

givecredit wrote: »
    When i read it first i thought the same and commented. Then deleted as i think he is calling himself the "stupid boy" He quotes his own question.

I stand corrected..
    Well spotted thanks.

dnme wrote: »
    Is this ITV2 in HD or a new ITV channel in HD?
    Seems the details of ITV 2 HD are in the TV guide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

Sorry, Reboot!

So easy to misread things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Has anyone elses ITV2 HD dissappeared? I still have the channel coming in at about 85% but the its just a blank screen.

I have a full HD Sky sub and had this channel until yesterday, anyone else notice it going!?

azzeretti wrote: »
    Has anyone elses ITV2 HD dissappeared? I still have the channel coming in at about 85% but the its just a blank screen.

I have a full HD Sky sub and had this channel until yesterday, anyone else notice it going!?

So it was actually on the Irish EPG?

So it was actually on the Irish EPG?

Dunno TBH, I don't use a Sky HD box.

• Advertisement

Dunno TBH, I don't use a Sky HD box.

stra 2A (28.2E) - 11758.00 H - Txp: 3 - Beam: Astra 2A North DVB-S2 (QPSK) - 29500 3/4 (43.9 Mbps) - NID:2 - TID:2003

I havent tested but will do when Corrie is over

stra 2A (28.2E) - 11758.00 H - Txp: 3 - Beam: Astra 2A North DVB-S2 (QPSK) - 29500 3/4 (43.9 Mbps) - NID:2 - TID:2003

I havent tested but will do when Corrie is over

Yeah, I have the right TP details and it's coming in strong, it's just not clearing!

Yeah, I have the right TP details and it's coming in strong, it's just not clearing!

Just tested & ok for me m8

Just tested & ok for me m8

Sh|te!.....must something up with this bloody DM again.....time to get rid of this pile of shi........

Sh|te!.....must something up with this bloody DM again.....time to get rid of this pile of shi........

3 & 4 HD Clearing for you?

3 & 4 HD Clearing for you?

Nope.....strange.

• Advertisement

itv2hd no longer clearing on an Irish subscription card. Nothing to do with your dreambox. Sky obviously spotted their error when setting up ITV3 AND 4HD. ITV3 and 4HD stopped clearing on Irish sub about a week ago. Good while it lasted....

Nope.....strange.

Probably stating the obvious here but did you reboot?

givecredit wrote: »
    itv2hd no longer clearing on an Irish subscription card. Nothing to do with your dreambox. Sky obviously spotted their error when setting up ITV3 AND 4HD. ITV3 and 4HD stopped clearing on Irish sub about a week ago. Good while it lasted....

Pisses me off no end, how the feck can they say it's anything to do with broadcast rights when they simucast the SD channels in the clear!

Probably stating the obvious here but did you reboot?

Yep, tried debugging the CAM log too and there is nothing wrong with the setup. It must be as posted above, but howcome you are clearing it, do you have a UK sub?

Yep, tried debugging the CAM log too and there is nothing wrong with the setup. It must be as posted above, but howcome you are clearing it, do you have a UK sub?
    I sort of do yes.....

Pity about them, they are pretty good channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I've got two ITV1 HDs for some reason..

One is 11428h (Signal 73%, Quality 50%).. There is no EPG info so I searched for another..

the other is 10936v (Astra 2d I think) (Signal 78%, Quality 98%)..

First - I thought ITV was putting all of its services on 2D to limit continental reception and second, why the duplication with one not having EPG data??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Emerson wrote: »
    I've got two ITV1 HDs for some reason..

One is 11428h (Signal 73%, Quality 50%).. There is no EPG info so I searched for another..

that is the original itv hd that was a red button service via freesat. maybe they dont bother with the epg anymore on it?
    Emerson wrote: »
    the other is 10936v (Astra 2d I think) (Signal 78%, Quality 98%)..

this is itv1 hd granada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

anyone know if we can tune in 29500 on a sky box. or if we will be able to cos all the channels you need are on 29500. im sick of paying €15 for 10 less HD channels than the uk

anyone know if we can tune in 29500 on a sky box. or if we will be able to cos all the channels you need are on 29500. im sick of paying €15 for 10 less HD channels than the uk

Complain to Sky, or better yet - cancel. It's the only thing they understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

your prob right. did that already and they offered me loads of free stuff to stay. like sky sports and movies for 6 months and 25% off my bill.

Advertisement