Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low Disk Space - C: Drive

• 06-10-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I keep getting a warning that I am running on very low disk space in the C: Drive.

The capacity of my C: Drive is 171gb and the capacity of my D: Drive is 58.1gb and most of that is free.

I have run a CCleaner program to clear any temp files and whatever else it cleans up.

I have iTunes and there is over 70gb off music in that, would that be clogging up my c: drive?

My system is Windows XP 2002 Home Edition

Any ideas how to free space? As I'm not sure what programs I could delete etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

Try cleaning out the system restore points, that can use up a lot. If you need help doing it just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

jeffk wrote: »
    Try cleaning out the system restore points, that can use up a lot. If you need help doing it just ask!

Hi thanks for your reply.

I need help cleaning out the system restore points, haven't a clue where to start.

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your reply.

I need help cleaning out the system restore points, haven't a clue where to start.

Hello, no worries @ all, with a user name like that I HAD to help

Click on start
    My Computer
    Right Click On the C Drive
    Select Properties
    Press Disk Clean Up(might take a minute)
    More Options
    System Restore clean up button
    Are you sure...Click Yes
    Ok
    Another are you sure...Click ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

jeffk wrote: »
    Hello, no worries @ all, with a user name like that I HAD to help

Click on start
    My Computer
    Right Click On the C Drive
    Select Properties
    Press Disk Clean Up(might take a minute)
    More Options
    System Restore clean up button
    Are you sure...Click Yes
    Ok
    Another are you sure...Click ok

Thanks, I did that and it only cleared up a few hundred MB, so the C: Drive is still pretty much full.

Any more ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Empty Recycling Bin.

Delete anything by Lady Gaga :P

• Advertisement

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Thanks, I did that and it only cleared up a few hundred MB, so the C: Drive is still pretty much full.

Any more ideas?

Convert all your music to 128, but I dunno if thats possible with itunes format. After that get a 1TB external drive.

Advertisement