Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest pint in Waterford city or county

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

with all this talk of pubs being too expensive ..... What is the cheapest pint in Waterford?

I know that "the Stables" in Abbeyside sell a pint of Guiness for €3 something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

plenty of places in the city doing 3-4 euro pints now

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Billy Ryan's pubs on Barrack Street and Ballybricken does €3 a pint not just guinness,and of course Mordaunts on Mayors Walk you can get a can for around €2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

Billy Ryan on Barrack St and Ballbricken doing all drinks for 3 euro.Cant keep pints pulled fast enough .Other pubs in area not to happy.Fair play to you Billy and as the sign says "Dont be silly drink with Billy".:D

You may also want to invest in a stab vest when entering some of the establishments doing the 2.50-3 euro pints :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

^^ Or maybe just grow a pair of balls,i drink in Ryan's and Ned Kelly's a lot and there is never any bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

3 pints for a tenner in Murphys's, The Quay. Great spot and free live music at
    the weekends!

Some people would rather not drink with the dregs of the town Richie, nothing to do with balls my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

kryogen wrote: »
    Some people would rather not drink with the dregs of the town Richie, nothing to do with balls my friend.

nothing wrong with billy's crowd at all.

never had a problem, most of the lads are grand once ur not acting the pr1ck.

I'd rather the 3 Euro drinks anyday.

Billy is making an absolute fortune since taking over the exchange.
    The man can take at least 6 weeks holidays a year ha. nothing wrong with that if you can get it.

I agree with you, most of the crowd that drink in Ned Kellys/Ryans, are grand, but to refuse to acknowledge that their is a stigma attached to the places (rightly or wrongly) is just silly to me

Ryans/Kellys/Sheridans/Wacky Apple/Mordants etc... have reputations

Plenty of trouble in Mordants the other night for example. Going off topic here however so ill drop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Does "The Wacky Apple" have a bad name these days?? Have'nt been in there in a while. Usedta love "The Olde Rogue" though. Aaahh the good ol' days of a mispent youth. :D

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with dregs of the town,a lot of the people who drink in them pubs like myself work hard during the week to earn a few bob and while id like to have the money to drink the pubs that maybe you frequent i just cant afford it,and i like to enjoy my pint in company of people who dont have an issue with where im from or what my background is just honest hard working people not stuck up snobs who look down their nose at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Nothing to do with dregs of the town,a lot of the people who drink in them pubs like myself work hard during the week to earn a few bob and while id like to have the money to drink the pubs that maybe you frequent i just cant afford it,and i like to enjoy my pint in company of people who dont have an issue with where im from or what my background is just honest hard working people not stuck up snobs who look down their nose at you.

Jesus get off your high horse , Try asking about 6 or 7 of these so called honest people to go to any other pub for a drink and see how many are not barred for nearly every other pub in town ,
    OK ,Honest hard working people , maybe after 6
    but during the day hmmmm dregs....

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

I used to love the Old Rogue, great atmosphere, music. Good spot to start off the night before we went to the Roxy(showing my age!)..

These days it has a deservedly bad reputation. Its been going downhill steadily since Tom Mullane sold it. A few bands I know have played there and have got their gear thrashed. A lot of scumbags drinking in there, although I guess you could say that about a lot of pubs these days:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Does "The Wacky Apple" have a bad name these days?? Have'nt been in there in a while. Usedta love "The Olde Rogue" though. Aaahh the good ol' days of a mispent youth. :D

Did the Wacky Apple every have a good reputation?

I miss the Rogue too :(

you can put the soap box back under the stairs now, I have worked in, and drank in all sorts of pubs, they had a cross section of society in them, as most pubs do. But some pubs have more scum then others, nothing to do with snobbery, I cant name individuals here as its not fair, but i would hope you understand the kind of people i mean, and how they tend to drink in groups, in certain pubs (normally cause its the only one they get served in!)

In my line of work i frequently have to deal with listen to abuse from the dirt of the town so when im off i would happily spend the extra few pound to enjoy my night out rather then have to look over my shoulder ever few minutes

I did enjoy the last part of your post though, its amusing to think of me looking down my nose at people! Yeah boi! im from lisduggan! im better then you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I drop into Ryan's once a week and have no problem,you'll find trouble in any pub if you go looking for it,and most of the people that slate Ryan's haven't been in there from my experience,and it's usually other bar person's that try to blacken the place because he's taking their custom,and I have to say one of the best pint's of Guinness in town, anyone that hasn't been in there go in and try one.guinness.gif

Yeah its all just a conspiracy sure

you can put the soap box back under the stairs now, I have worked in, and drank in all sorts of pubs, they had a cross section of society in them, as most pubs do. But some pubs have more scum then others, nothing to do with snobbery, I cant name individuals here as its not fair, but i would hope you understand the kind of people i mean, and how they tend to drink in groups, in certain pubs (normally cause its the only one they get served in!)

In my line of work i frequently have to deal with listen to abuse from the dirt of the town so when im off i would happily spend the extra few pound to enjoy my night out rather then have to look over my shoulder ever few minutes

I did enjoy the last part of your post though, its amusing to think of me looking down my nose at people! Yeah boi! im from lisduggan! im better then you lol

After reading that I still stand by my earlier post.

great so lets agree to disagree so

just noticed lisduggan highlighted, problem with lisduggan richie?

You will also notice I highlighted "soapbox" too.

• Advertisement

well done

cant be arsed continuing this pal, best of luck

No bother boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

id rather pay 4 euro for me pint in a proper pub then 3 euro in those other ****holes that are full of scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wow Billy you had to dig deep for that one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

billywilly wrote: »
    id rather pay 4 euro for me pint in a proper pub then 3 euro in those other ****holes that are full of scumbags
    Nice one billywilly opening a 3 year old tread, come on tell us what happened to you were you abused or something? we can listen a go on we don't mind ahh go on let it out.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

marlin vs wrote: »
    Nice one billywilly opening a 3 year old tread, come on tell us what happened to you were you abused or something? we can listen a go on we don't mind ahh go on let it out.:confused:

cheers bud

Advertisement