Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CETS HELP

• 06-10-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I start a FAS course on Monday. I only got accepted to my course 2 weeks ago and the head of the preschool/crèche my 3 year old goes to was away till today. So I already knew I was eligible but didn't realise crèche's had to register and sign up for this scheme. I was told bring my letter of acceptance and that's it! So here I am and no childcare arranged.

Turns out my sons crèche which is directly next door decided not to partake.. WHY? Well apparently they were allocated 5 spaces. They would of been paid whether the places were filled or not. The government is throwing money at them. The crèche turned it down as they could of ended up with an empty room that could not be used. So here I am stuck because the nearest registered crèche's are 20-30 miles all in the wrong direction.

My course starts at 8.30 and so it really is not feasible to go 20-30 miles out of my way. The course itself is 30 miles from my house. My youngest is only 10 months and I am uneasy with him being in a crèche as it is and was only going to put him in part time and his father would have him at the other times. I am a lone parent but thankfully the father of my children is very supportive when it comes to seeing the kids. He will be able to help out a bit if I don't get this sorted come Monday. This is not a permanent solution though as he has his own course to attend and cares for his elderly parents who are quiet ill. Nor can either of us afford the €140 required for 3 full days of care.

I rang my local CETS office and they informed me they are going to send a file to the government as they have had many complaints. They said basically they didn't expect to get the funds for the scheme and when they did it was rushed out the door with little coordination between FAS, VEC and Crèches.

Any Ideas how we can get this sorted? Maybe get on radio or something. It really is ridiculous. I am hoping at the induction on Monday I will get help there. And I hope to hear back from the CETS office by Monday too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 snicdhonn

For anyone that is interested the VEC were very helpful and they reckon it will all be sorted within the week. Phew!!! Apparently places were only accepted near course and training facilities initially. SO all going well my creche (which was initially turned down for being so far frmo the training center) will be accepted and I can get my lads in there!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 snicdhonn

2 weeks into course still no childcare and no feedback from CETS! FARCE!

Advertisement