Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsigned letters

Options
  • 06-10-2010 11:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Increasingly it seems that businesses are quite content to send out unsigned letters. It used to be a rudimentary learning point in primary school that it was a mortal sin not to sign a letter:rolleyes:

Can anyone comment on the standing of an unsigned letter?

I now have received two such letters from 3v threatening me in relation to a payment they made on a long expired 3v voucher:eek:

I thought these vouchers were designed to ensure that this type of thing did not happen. So the message is don't buy 3v vouchers as they appear to have lousy authorisation and checking procedures.

And to think there website actually says:

"And 3V Vouchers are the more secure way to shop online as you don't reveal any financial details and have complete control over how much money you spend"

What a joke!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

How close after expiry were you charged for services etc? Seems unusual. I had a domain parking company try to tack on various items and auto-renew a domain I wanted to lapse. Thankfully, the use of a 3v voucher scuppered that.

A bit daft if you're liable at a later date, as the whole premise of 3v vouchers is the 'fire and forget' principle of it. Use the voucher and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That letter is shredder fodder, give them a call and tell them that if they can't be bothered to sign correspondence that you won't be bothered to deal with same.

Their systems failed them: Their loss.

Advertisement