Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with screen format

• 07-10-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m looking for help with a Sony Bravia TV, model: KDL-40S2510. Regardless of which screen format I choose (wide, smart, zoom, 14:9, 4:3) there are about 2 or 3 inches missing from either side of the screen.
    I have gone through the menus but can’t find any setting to “shrink” the picture. Any ideas on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

What source are you using? If tv, is it digital, if so switch channels to eg rte or BBC that are widescreen.
    If dvd, what format is the disc, and try another disc. Also check the source devices for screen settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I should have been more specific with how the problem occured. Have the TV about 2 years and all was ok up until a few weeks ago.
    When first playing a new xbox game, the game showed a picture on screen. The picture did not fill the screen and you were able to "optimise" it by stretching it to fit the full screen area. That was great until you went back to watching "normal" tv and found some of the picture missing. I tried using the tv menus and even tried using the xbox game but am unable to return it to the way it was.

Hope that's a bit clearer?

Thanks

Advertisement