Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car servicing recommendations - Drogheda

Options
  • 07-10-2010 12:36am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having had a company motor up until very recently I will have to soon get my own car serviced and was wondering if anybody could recommend anywhere from personal experience. A lot of the dealerships seem to be offering good prices just over the €100 mark or so, but i'd like to go somewhere that might have a proven track record.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

€165 for full service on 1.9 A4 tdi in judge motors, was the best i could find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

I highly recommend McCabes Toyota Garage just off the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Judge Motors , Cormac and Anton are two sound and honest mechanics.
    I use them all the time for years now and anyone i put on to them only has good words to say about them.
    041 9804638 , garage based across the road from the big Tesco in Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Out of town, but they're good: Wheelspin tyres on the Duleek road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Kierans motors on North road, used them for both car and light commercial servicing, highly recommend them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

kbell wrote: »
    Kierans motors on North road, used them for both car and light commercial servicing, highly recommend them,
    :eek:

That's the first recommendation I've ever heard for them. I know of several bad experiences people had with them but specifics aren't possible while libel laws still exist. But I do like car sellers who are honest about the previous service history and logs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

:eek:

That's the first recommendation I've ever heard for them. I know of several bad experiences people had with them but specifics aren't possible while libel laws still exist. But I do like car sellers who are honest about the previous service history and logs etc.

I agree with you on that, their customer service and general level of helpfulness is appalling in my opinion.
    I would not recommend them to anyone based on personal experience and experiences by family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

Would thoroughly recommend Judge Motors at well (thought it was Ciaran and not Cormac though?) Two sound fellas and took time to explain things to me when I don't really know a lot about cars

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks for all the replies folks. Judge motors seems like the place to go, so i'll give them a shout next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Kierans motors on North road are a joke.i always have to do 3 runs to them.1st they make you wait a hour or two while they look at the problem.2nd they tell you to come back cos they have to reorder the part.3rd i have on many a time brought my car back cos the job was not done or they OVERLOOKED another problem.a joke of a place.none of my mates will buy or service with them

12 less than state of the art cars for sale on the forecourt for a previous half decent looking dealership would be enough to make me wary of their servicing potential

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 phoenix1020

thanks on that mate.you learn something new everyday.i just wanted to ask how do i delete the Originally Posted Quote

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I thought myself to service my car... saves a fortune! :D

Advertisement